Monday, March 1, 2010

5 months!

Well if today were the 29th, it would be Carrie's 5 month birthday! But February does not have a 29th so March 1st it is. These past 5 months have been so amazing...I cannot even begin to describe how much we love this little girl. I can't even try really. But she is the absolute light of our lives. She makes us smile and laugh and just light up. Even if I think I am about to die of exhaustion and she is having an off day, she can smile and I forget all of it. She is in bed right now and I am missing her as I write this post! But I wanted to note some things that she is up to these days! These are mainly to keep a thorough journal of her life and never forget a minute of it so you all may find this all much less interesting than we do!

1) sleep: she is still sleeping 7-7, but (drumroll please) she is finally taking GOOD naps in her crib! One is usually long (1 1/2-2 hours) and the other one is usually shorter (45 minutes-ish), but thats okay! One long nap a day allows me to get so much done and I know she needs that rest!
2) She is eating an 8 oz bottles 4 times a day with 1 meal in the early afternoon of rice cereal and a fruit or vegetable.
3) She is rolling so much now that I cannot leave her playing on a blanket because she will roll over enough to be off the blanket in no time!
4) She is trying to sit up. She can for a minute or so and then she kind of sees something off to the side and starts to fall. She would rather be on her tummy trying to crawl than sit up! But she is getting there.
5) She is still talking and squealing, but it is the giggling that I am just obsessed with. I work so hard to get her to laugh and when she does, I cannot stop laughing myself. It is the cutest sound I have ever heard.
6) She loves all the attention and is a show off! She is not shy in front of anyone! The carpet people were here sealing our new carpet today and she was smiling at them and hamming it up and they were just laughing and loving it. She is already so outgoing and I love it.
7) She is starting to really notice and like the dogs! I mean she used to look at them, but now she wants to touch them and when they try to sneak in a kiss, she laughs and smiles at them. I just love it because I am and always have been a huge dog lover as you all know. I am already seeing that she is going to be just that way! Tilly always wants to sit right next to her whether she is on a blanket on the floor or on our bed and recently Carrie has been grabbing her fur and pulling on her as she rolls over and Tilly just looks over her shoulder at me like 'why is she pulling my hair?', but she lets her and is so sweet.

Well that is what she has been up to! We just play at home a lot and take walks and try to get out at least once a day so life is really settling into a routine. It is so so so wonderful and I am loving it more and more everyday. Now we are just ready for some consistently warm weather so we can get out even more and go to the park with our friends and all that fun stuff.

Happy 5 months, Carebear! We love you!

1 comment:

  1. Carrie is such a joy! I love watching her grow up!

    February 29th would have been our 6 month anniversary, so I'm celebrating it today too!

    ReplyDelete