Sunday, March 7, 2010

Goody Bag...

A few things...

I drug Graham to see Alice in Wonderland in 3D on Friday night. His response was "It was good, not great" but I really enjoyed it! Growing up LOVING Alice in Wonderland (obviously he did not being a boy) I really liked this. Johnny Depp never disappoints, the 3D made the visuals incredible and the story was more of a continuation of the original more than a remake. If I could go back, I would have watched the original before seeing it, but I loved it even so. So for all you Alice in Wonderland/fantasy fans...see this in theaters so that you can experience it in 3D!
#2...The novel Bloodroot. I needed a good read that was not just a light girly beach read... I get tired of those quickly. I picked this one up because it was the #2 bestseller on the new fiction list at our bookstore and because one of the reviews compared it to The Glass Castle. I really enjoyed this book. I still favor The Glass Castle because it is non fiction, but this book was really good, really creative, made you think and tied together in a really neat way. So if you need a good read, I recommend this one!

**Note...sorry I am using incorrect grammar above...I know movies and book titles should be underlined not italicized, however, I for some reason cannot make the underlining work. I know this is weird...I have no clue what is wrong.

#3...Giada delivers yet again. I made her Turkey and Artichoke Stuffed Shells on Thursday and we loved them! They do take some time, but they make a ton! It made 3 dozen shells so I divided it into 3 square dishes with a dozen in each and she says you can freeze them. I had some of the stuffing left over even after the 3 dozen so I froze that for another night as well. Here is the link and I highly recommend it!
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/turkey-and-artichoke-stuffed-shells-with-arrabbiata-sauce-recipe/index.html

And #4 is one more thing cooking...Graham and I love to make a good breakfast on the weekends so as I thought about what was in the fridge this morning, I decided to try a little experiment. I am calling them Breakfast Pillows. We both love us some Pillsbury Crescents so I stuffed those with bacon, egg and cheese...they turned out like this...
and when you cut into them, they looked like this...
Yum! I kind of got this idea from a recipe called Crescent Chicken Bundles that my friend Keats gave me. It carried over well into these breakfast pillow things!

I made them by frying up 6 pieces of bacon and scrambling 6 eggs. Then I took 1 roll of crescent and divided them into 4 rectangles, sealing them seams. I then mixed the eggs, bacon and about 1/2 cup-1 cup of shredded cheddar. I put a heaping spoonful in the middle of each square and pulled the corners up together and pressed to seal. I then took 1 T melted butter and brushed it over the tops. Bake at 350 15-20 minutes. They were yummy. You can do them with whatever you want! Sausage instead of bacon, gruyere instead of cheddar etc. Just work with what you have! And as Graham said, they would be fun to make with kids and put out some ingredients and let them mix what they want. Anyways, just wanted to share.

I hope everyone has a good rest of their weekend!
Our little Diva already has had a good one! Here she is conked out in her stroller after a walk...

2 comments:

  1. yum both of those recipes look delicious!!! I will have to try them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. still LOVE those pics of her in those sunglasses! and still laughing about the "meltdown" at the tin angel!! pack you bags lady!

    ReplyDelete