Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter Bunny Sunday

We had such a fun first Easter with Carrie! These are the kinds of things you always look forward to doing for your own kids the way your parents did them for you. We always had such fun holidays so I am loving getting to start fun traditions with Carrie. So when she got up, of course the Easter bunny had come and brought her an Easter basket!
She has loved all of the goodies she got! Of course the basket was more fun for me this year since she doesn't understand, but she did like new toys! After this, we got ready and went to 8:00 Church. Carrie decided she had some chatting to do so Graham and her watched from the screen in Courtney Hall. The sermon was awesome and such a great way to start our Easter off and a great reminder of what we were really celebrating.

She wore a beautiful Easter dress her Mimi made her. She looked gorgeous in it (of course I thought she did anyways!) and I took a million pictures, but here are a couple favorites...


At 11:30, we went over to my Aunt Allison's for Sunday Easter Lunch like we have done every year since I can remember. They have a big egg hunt, but Carrie was a bit young. She will look forward to participating next year! We did take some pictures while we were there.

This is my favorite picture of her and her daddy. It is too cute!
Her and me...
the fam...
She is in this really cute phase where she loves kissing people she loves. She puts two hands on your face, then opens her mouth and leans in. It is slobbery, but about the sweetest thing in the world. Here is a pic of her kissing CyCy...
She would rather stand up and hold someone's hand than anything. She can even stand up holding onto furniture now! She just can't move too much or she loses her balance.
Here she is with her namesake!
And this is her older cousin Neva...soon she will want to follow her everywhere! Neva is such a sweetheart!
When we got home, we went to the neighborhood egg hunt just to watch and I can't wait until she can actually participate...it looked so fun! Then we went home and did some swinging in our new swing dad hung...she is really enjoying swinging these days. (Although I couldn't get a good picture of her smiling)
I decided to attempt to make Easter cookies...I am obviously not so artisic...the bunny is struggling. However, I wanted to start this tradition so Carrie and I can decorate them together on future Easters...
And finally, CyCy and BA came by for happy hour to sit on the patio with us and give Carrie another basket. She got all kinds of fun things she likes, but we liked the ears the most! How cute is this??
I also have a cute picture we got at the mall of her with the Easter bunny, but I need to scan it in. She wasn't scared of him at all this year! It was so funny. But it was a great start to some Easter traditions and we savored every minute of it!!!

4 comments:

  1. wow what adorable pictures!!! looks like such a fun and happy Easter! I can't believe she is starting to stand up!! We need a visit soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you had a beautiful Easter with an adorable baby and I LOOOOVE that dress she wore! And I do love Carrie in some bunny ears too.
    Oh- and give yourself credit on those delicious looking cookies! Drake would love to come near that bunny you decorated on the cookie A WHOLE LOT MORE than the scary bunny in the mall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. she is SO photogenic!!! I swear she is posing!!! love her so much!!! See you at lunch in like 30 min!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!! By the way, Callie loves her Storybook Rhymes Book, she plays with it all the time- good job Easter Bunny! :)

    ReplyDelete