Thursday, April 29, 2010

7 months!

Another month, another post of details that are probably pretty boring to you all! I am going to keep it up, though, 1) for Carrie and 2) for me when we have another child so I can reference all of this!

Carrie is not mobile. She still stands up holding on, but that is about it. She tries to get her knees under her, but she cannot quite yet. I am in no rush for mobility!

No words yet! Graham and I keep saying "dadadada" and "uh oh" etc, but so far, we just get smiles in return!

She is still taking 2 good naps a day and sleeping through the night. She now sleeps on her tummy just as much as she sleeps on her back. Only problem is that she can scoot around on her tummy and sometimes gets stuck horizontally in the crib...she is not happy when this happens!

She is still eating 4 bottles a day and 2 meals. Morning meal is oatmeal and 2 fruits and dinner is oatmeal and a fuit and veggie. Carrie is now eating everything I give her so yay!!! She is not being picky like she was for a while. We are about to add our 3rd meal because she just gets so hungry...I dont wanna do this, but we gotta! We tried puffs yesterday for the first time and she is NOT a fan at this point. Will take time I am sure. And we are still working with the sippy cup...sometimes she works it out just right and others she is just as confused by it as ever. We have plenty of time to figure all that out though!

She now gets a bath pretty much every night mainly because she just loves bath time and it is something to do. She loves bath toys and splashing so after I wash her, I just sit back and watch. Bath time is mostly Graham's time with her, but since sometimes he is not home in time, I do it some as well.

Carrie LOVES books right now. Ones with big bright pictures. She likes me to read them to her then she likes to drum her hands on the pages.

We also do a fun baby/toddler music class Wednesday afternoons. She likes the music, but mainly chews on the instruments. She does like the drum and beating on it so I got her one of her own to beat on at home. We will see how long I am happy about that decision.

Carrie has her 2 bottom middle teeth. They broke skin April 13. That was not a fun time, but we are moving on now until the next tooth/teeth.

She is less interested in her exersaucer. She likes her bouncy seat some. But mainly she likes to sit on the ground and play or stand up holding on to the coffee/table ottoman and play.

She does LOVE the grocery store. She likes to see all the people and all the colors etc. It has finally made me not dread the grocery store like I used to. So instead of going once maybe twice a week, I am there about 4 times a week. The checkout people know us and love Carrie.

Another fun activity is pulling her around the block in her wagon. She just loves this. I have some pictures I will post at some point. She sits up and holds on and just likes to look at everything. It's really cute and fun. She also still loves her swing so we love being outside when it is pretty!

So I think those are all the details for now! This month will include my first Mother's Day and our first trip to the beach with Carrie so there will be pictures and posts to come!

1 comment: