Thursday, April 15, 2010

long post of stuff...

So this is just a post of some overdue stuff...

First and most unfortunately...they're baaaack!
If you red my blog last summer, you will remember the birds from last summer. Well apparently they return to the same nest like forever or something. I am pretty glad that is the case except not really. I mean I want that nest removed like right this second!!! Too bad it is in the yard next to me and not mine because they do not seem to mind them. Probably because they hang out in MY trees and fly their huge shadows over ME and scare ME and my dogs to death. Literally when he was in this tree, my dogs were going nuts barking at him. Sick.

On another note, Tilly has decided she is a cat. I think she is having an identity crisis...

That is how she sits on furniture. Like a cat. She is so weird.

I have a few books I read this month that I recommend.
1. Winter Garden-Kristin Hannah
She wrote Firefly Lane which I liked. This is a good story...a slow first 100 pages, but totally worth the read in the end.

2. House Rules-Jodi Picoult
So I love Jodi Picoult. This is a good, interesting read. Not my favorite one I have ever read of hers, but definitely worth reading!

3. Middle Place and Lift by Kelly Corrigan

Kelly Corrigan is a mom with 2 daughters. The first of these is a memoir based on her battle with cancer and her struggle between being a parent and needing a parent. Lift is a letter to her daughters that is really sweet just telling them about their young childhood since they will not remember most of it. It is an 80 page book you can read in 45 minutes. Both of these were very good.

5. Little Bee-Chris Cleave
Read it. I would be interested to hear your thoughts. It's quick...250 pages. A different book, but a good one.

And here is a picture of Carrie holding on and standing up...
I think that is all of my random information for now! We did re-do our master bedroom and got the yard landscaped so someday I will take pictures of that!

Have a good weekend!!!

3 comments:

  1. I am reading a Kristin Hannah book right now called True Colors...pretty good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha those pics of Tilly are crackin me up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh I cannot believe the birds are back!!!! that is too funny, and of course creepy.
    Love the cute pic of Carrie and her sweet cheeks! (both sets of em':)

    ReplyDelete