FINALLY I am posting about our Vegas trip which was a few weeks ago. BUT, it was a blast! I had never been to Vegas nor had I left Carrie so both were new experiences for me! We went with our dear friends Lauren and Matt Hancock which made it even more fun! We seem to do a trip together about every other year and since they move to the big apple in July :(, this was a perfect way to spend some extra time with them!!! So we left on Friday afternoon and got to Vegas a little before 6. We stayed at the Wynn which we loved!
Here we are arriving...so happy to be there!

Our rooms had the most amazing view of the strip! It was awesome.

Graham and I at the Venetian...I could not get over how much the clouds made it feel like I was walking outside.

We went to TAO for dinner the first night. The food was so good and the atmosphere was great and very lively. They also have a night club that is packed every night, but if you eat there, you get a stamp to get in free and cut the line so that was really nice! We went back to try the night club just to see what it was all about and cutting the line was pretty fun. It was way too crowded inside for my taste, but it was neat to see!
Here are Lauren and I with our martinis at dinner...It was the perfect way to start the vacation.

group pic!

yum.

at the night club...matt, this is for you!

The next morning we went to brunch at Bouchon which is a French place a few people had recommended. We LOVED it. We had beignets with nutella, croque madames and then look below this weird picture of the boys at Lauren's apple pancakes...

YUM! We loved this place...considered going back again. Will do next time I am there without a doubt.

This is how Lauren and I spent our days...


Saturday night we went to Mix...Caroline Armstrong recommended it and it was SUCH a good recommendation. We loved it! The atmosphere was SO cool, the service was amazing, the view was the best and the food was to die for!!! It is in Mandalay Bay which is at the end of the strip so that made the view amazing. Below is my entree...filet with foie gras on top. It was the best.

Group shot in front of the cool glass bubbles that were hanging everywhere.

Sunday morning we went to the Country Club in the Wynn which has a jazz brunch on Sundays. It was a huge buffet raw bar, then a grilling station, then you order from the menu. You do it all. That is how it works. I did not get my money's worth because after the initial buffet of smoked salmon, tomato mozzerrella salad, oysters, shrimp etc, I was already full. But the good news is that Matt got his money's worth off shrimp and the view is of the Wynn golf course which was so pretty!

The last night we went to Picasso in the Bellagio for dinner which was a fixed menu. It was four courses and it was SO delicious...lobster salad, this scallop thing I have a picture of, foie gras and then lamb chops. Then I got a cheese plate. YUM! And even better, we could watch the Bellagio water show which was really neat. Sadly, I did not get a pic of us at dinner!

We then went to a show...Cirque O which is their water show. It was really cool. Doing the wine pairing with dinner (aka 4 glasses) was maybe not the best idea before a Cirque show since both made me verrrrry relaxed, but the show was awesome and a good change from lots of gambling...and not winning.
We had a blast. I loved the food, the sun and even learned the strategy at the Black Jack table which made it tons of fun! It was perfect to go with Lauren and Matt so us girls could spend the day at the pool and the boys could go to Sports Book for a bit and then join us later. I definitely want to go back someday! I hope to win next time, though...
We got home late Monday night and I could not wait to go get the little one! We were SO glad to see her! It finally makes it fun to come home from vacation...
Oh yaaaayyyy!!!! It all looks divine and so jealous! Vegas is so much fun...esp. when you get to go with your hubby! I am glad y'all got to get away and if (lets be honest, WHEN we go back) we want to stay at the Wynn!!!
ReplyDeleteLooks like y'all had a blast!!! I wish I were laying at that pool with a drink in hand right now...
ReplyDelete