and his ark. If you watch the news, you know that Nashville had a once in a lifetime flood this past weekend. We got 13.46 inches of rain...our old 2 day rain record was 6.68 inches which says a lot! I do not think I realized what was happening until Sunday. It did rain all day Saturday, but I had not thought anything of it. We had our friends Paula and John Chesworth visiting and when Graham and John went to get us breakfast Sunday morning, we did not know we were sending them out into a river! We had lost power Sunday morning so we could not see the news reports saying DO NOT DRIVE! We were lucky that the boys made it back, but they said there were cars underwater, abandoned, floating etc and then I knew that it was bad. People's houses were destroyed, downtown was underwater, people went missing, people died. It was devastating and even now with the river going back down, it still is devastating. Nashville is going to have a long long recovery. So many places I love here were destroyed. It is really hard to comprehend. I feel so blessed that our family is safe and sound. We lost power for 20 hours and that was it. So many lost so much...family members, their homes, their belongings and most of them do not even have flood insurance. Thank you to all who have called us and emailed us and, most importantly, prayed for us. Now I ask that you pray for the people of Nashville who have lost. And for our city that we love. It has been amazing to watch the news and see the best of Nashville in the worst situation. Everyone is helping and even those who have lost are staying strong. I think this article says it the best...
We Are NashvilleHere is a picture of downtown Nashville..

There are so many pictures. They are all so sad. But as the water continues to recede, we will begin to heal.
If you love Nashville as much as I do, tune in to the telethon Thursday night on Channel 4 from 7-10 and donate. Even if you only have a dollar to give, please do it! Every bit helps...let's help get our city back!
Good posting babe. It has been a surreal experience to say the least. It is just now setting in how lucky we were. Thanks to all who prayed for Nashville. The "We are Nashville" article is AWESOME!
ReplyDeleteGreat post Neel Deal!
ReplyDelete