Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Beach Thus Far...

So this week we (we started out as mom, Carrie and I, today we added my dad and tomorrow Graham comes!) are in Perdido Key at the Webb condo...somewhere I have come to and loved for my entire life and I hope Carrie has the same experience! This is her first trip (hopefully of many) down here. We got here on Monday so have now had 2 full days here. Yesterday was her first time on the beach and she just was not so sure about it! She does not like how the sand makes her unsteady when she is standing up or trying to walk so starting off with that was not a good beginning...
So I then took her down to the ocean and the waves and having already been a bit disgruntled, she was not loving the waves crashing on her. So we set her in her tent that Jenny let us borrow (thank you!) with some toys and that kept her occupied for a little while (as long as we were paying attention to her of course).
After this, we took her up to the pool which she knows and loves and she had a blast sitting on the very shallow top step with some toys. She splashed and splashed and had so much fun that she wore herself out and then took a nap for almost 3 hours! When she woke up, mom and I decided it was time to hit up the beach junk store and load up on some more pool toys and a better pool float AND a baby pool for the beach. So today, we were set!

The beach was much more of a success today...
mainly due to the baby pool...she LOVED sitting in it under the umbrella with her toys...here are a couple pictures...

please note the size of her tummy here...it literally looks like she swallowed a beach ball...hahaha. I wouldn't have it any other way!

She even stood down in the waves for a little bit! Of course we ended the day by the pool, but I don't have any pictures of pool time because I don't want to get the camera wet, but when Graham gets here I will get some. And my favorite part post swim is cuddling her up in a towel and sitting with her while the rest of us had a beer! (she got the koozie of course!)
So I think we are starting to enjoy the beach and we are definitely loving the pool! All of it wears her out...she is taking LONG naps and getting very tired early. Last night mom and I tried to go out to dinner with her which turned out to be not so fun because she was SO tired. Normally we can take her to an early dinner without a problem, but after a day on the beach she was too pooped!!! Here she is pre-dinner...
Love. it. I just cannot get over how blessed we are and how much I love this little lady! And as if you haven't already seen enough personality, this is what I saw today when I looked over while emptying the dishwasher...
That pink box is what holds all her toys. I was like "um, need something?" haha. What a mess! And speaking of mess, I must leave you with this one final picture...people are always amazed that Carrie will keep ANYTHING on her head (bows, hats, bunny ears, party hats etc) and now this!
Mom and I love Steak N Shake so we stopped there for lunch so Carrie could have a good break from her car seat and she wore this hat until we took it off her! It was hilarious. She is the original double steak burger for sure!! So proud too!

Well I am off to bed to prepare for another busy beach day, but there will be more posts to come!

2 comments:

  1. She is so cute in her all her little bathing suits! Glad yall are having a fun trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like y'all are having a great time! I love the baby pool on the beach :) and of course all of the outfits are precious!

    ReplyDelete