Sunday, May 30, 2010

Beach Part 2...

So this really was SUCH a fun week at the beach. I always loved growing up coming to Perdido in the summers and I love that Carrie will get to do the same. She is lucky to grow up having special places to visit like Perdido and Ford Plantation and I hope they come to mean as much to her as they do to me. She is still not sold on the beach...we call this the beach face...
But she does LOVE the pool. And that top step was her spot for the week. She loved splashing and watching all the other kids in the pool.
When Dada arrived, she was very excited!
Happy hour time was the best time on the beach for her. It was not as hot and there were usually some kids around playing so she was entertained!


Family pics. Didnt go as well as I would have hoped, but we got a couple cute ones. I never saw myself as the cheesy matching outfit photo person, but I succombed for a good beach pic...

The ones of just her were my favorites! We got several cute ones, but this one is my favorite!
And we got a good one with Cy-Cy and BA!
The Point restaurant is a local spot that we have been coming to since my grandparents bought the condo in 1986...they have the best food and a fun band "Bubba and Them" who have been playing as long as I can remember. This night was SO fun because Carrie loves music and was fascinated by the band! She had so much fun and we all always have fun at the Point so it was a good night!
Beating along to the band...
Sitting on the beach with her Cy-Cy...
Happy hour on the beach with her BA.
And then her Dada...
This little girl Laura loved Carrie and Carrie obviously loved her! It was so cute and so her parents and I had to get some pictures! Carrie just put her arm around her and loved it!
And today we were supposed to rent a boat and go to Pirates Cove for lunch, but the weather did not hold out for us. I can't complain because every other day was pretty. Hopefully we can do boating another time because Carrie has her life jacket and is ready to go! So today was a low key day of reading, packing, getting some pizza and a good game of gin on the balcony. Oh and one more family photo of course...
It was such a fun first trip to the beach with Carrie and a great week away. Tomorrow is a long day in the car and then back to reality! Perdido, thanks for another wonderful week and we will see you next year!

3 comments:

  1. what a great post! I love all the pictures and stories (and outfits of course!)! The pic of Carrie in her white dress on the sand is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay Carrie is the cutest kid EVER! I love her. Can't wait to catch up with y'all TOMORROW! YAY! I swear I see a Christmas Card picture somewhere in this post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, where have I been? I've missed the beach posts until now. Looks like you had a great trip. And I LOVE her cover-up!

    ReplyDelete