Happy birthday to our dear baby, Shammi! She is 5 today and I cannot believe that!!! It is weird because I feel like I have always had her since she has been with me in college, while I was engaged and first year of work, when I got married, and now with Carrie! I cannot believe that has all happened in 5 years. She is SUCH a sweet good dog and we love her dearly. She loves Carrie and is very protective of her. Shammi is a trooper since she was my one and only and now I have added a husband, another dog and a baby. She definitely does not get the love and attention she once did, but she is just happy being around us and loving us unconditionally. Shammi, we love you and you will always be my first baby.


But let me tell you the biggest reason I love this dog because I would not do this post justice if I did not. Shammi came to me a couple years after Vann died when I was finally coming to terms with his death and was struggling greatly with it. I always tell her she was an Angel from God because she was my light in that dark time. I will never forget that and she will always hold a very special place in my heart. Someone will be getting some extra treats and attention today!!!
Shambone!!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteAww, look at my favorite Hambone!! Tell her that Deno says happy birthday.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Shammi!
ReplyDeleteHey Neel-yo!!! I love that post!! What a sweet doggy with an especially sweet story...AND what ADORABLE pictures from the beach!!! I LOVE all of Carries bathingsuits
ReplyDelete