Thursday, June 24, 2010

Happy Birthday '2' Tilly!

So today is Tilly's 2nd birthday! And where to begin with little Tilly. What a mess. Tilly, God sent you to me for a totally different reason than he sent me Shammi. He sent me you to teach me patience before children came along. These 2 years with you have been wild to say the least and you have certainly tested my patience many times and many times I have failed the test and regretted it. Because of this, I have learned how important it is to think before I act which has made me a better mother. I still have to pray for patience every day for sure, don't get me wrong, but you pushed me and in turn helped me. You are one wild dog! However, at the end of the day, you have SUCH a big heart and are so loyal and you keep us laughing because you are so quirky. We love you so much and are glad to have you in our lives! Here is how Tilly is spending her birthday...
Posted by Picasa
So here are some funny things you need to know about Tilly...
1) She prefers to sit not on the floor or even on the couch, but on the TOP of couch or chair or even the armrest...like a cat. I even caught her sitting on the side table the other day.
2) She is ALWAYS under my feet to the point that when I turn and inevitably trip over her, she moves the same way I do so that I trip again! But I know she is right there because she loves me so I let it slide.
3) When she is outside and wants to come in she runs full speed to the door and starts tapping it with her paw frantically like she is knocking.
4) If she is not getting enough attention, she goes and picks something up that she knows she shouldnt have like a sock or one of Carrie's toys and as soon as you say her name, she drops it because all she wanted was attention.
5) She loves ice so if you ever come to our house and get ice out of our fridge door, you will notice her standing right below you EVERY time. She can hear that ice maker from a mile away.
6) She is an herbivore instead of a carnivore. She eats more grass than dog food and loves veggies and fruits...she eats things shammi wont touch like lettuce and lima beans!
7) If you come in the door and do not give her a sufficient greeting, she will follow you around growling at you.
8) She is a nurse. When I got the 24 hour bug, she did not leave my side the entire time. And she cleans out Shammi's ears each and every day...EWE! And anytime Shammi has a wound, Tilly checks on it constantly much to Shammi's chagrin.
9) She is so smart, but falls for the fake throw everytime. I mean, I cannot get over it. I can fake throw the ball over and over and she just trusts me and runs off every time. I have just never seen a dog continuously fall for that.
10) She leaves her toys in the oddest places. I have opened the fridge and found her tennis ball in there. I dont know if she gave it up as a trade or what, and if she did, I do not know what was taken from my fridge in the trade. But you will find her toys in a variety of places...drawers, Carrie's toy basket, etc.

Tilly, you are hyper and insane, but we love you and thank you for loving us unconditionally! And thank you for being such a good and patient sister to Carrie! She loves you too!!!

3 comments:

  1. #9 is my favorite :) she definitely does that EVERY time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious! Happy 2nd Birthday to Tilly! How boring life would be without our doggies:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Happy birthday Tilly! She really is such a great doggie and so lucky to have you for a mommy!!!

    ReplyDelete