Monday, June 21, 2010

Double Fun Day!

Yes, it is true, I could not let my husband have his first Father's Day all to himself because my 26th birthday fell on the same day! It has happened a few times in my life, but this was a fun and special day to share for sure! Graham is the most amazing dad and I was so happy to get to celebrate that. I am so proud of him and I know Carrie just adores him because she lights up every time he gets home or walks in the room. They have a really sweet father/daughter relationship and I have loved getting to watch them together. I know their special bond will last forever and I look forward to being a part of all the memories they will make! Graham, we love you and happy happy Father's Day again! I hope it was as wonderful as you!!!

So, to start off our double fun day, we had a yummy breakfast made by yours truly. I went all out and made us cinnamon rolls from scratch, ham and cheese quiche and fruit! I went for salty and sweet because Graham tends to go to the omelet section of the breakfast menu while I tend to go to the pancake side. This was the perfect mixture! The cinnamon rolls were somewhat time consuming and I was a little intimidated going in because of making my own dough, letting the dough/yeast rise, etc, but it was so fun and they were so worth it!!!
THEY...
WERE...
SO YUMMY!
And the quiche was good, too! Thanks, Robert, for the quiche tips!!! It was easy and delic!
If you want to try the cinnamon rolls (and I think you should if you have the time!) here is the link...
Paula Deen's Cinnamon Rolls
Don't cringe at Paula Deen...if you are making cinnamon rolls, you realize they are going to be fattening, so you may as well do them right!!!

After brunch, we went to Church and then came home to put Carebear down for a nap. Well it was harder to do than we thought since she unfortunately discovered her ability to do this...
As you can tell, she was pretty proud and excited, but we did finally get her down. (Also, her crib was on the middle setting in this picture...it is now on the lowest!) Once she was down, Graham and I planted a potted herb garden! It was something I had specially requested we do on my birthday. I feel like I spend so much money on herbs only to throw half of them away so now I have all that I need! If anyone ever needs any, feel free to come cut some anytime!
Afterwards my parents came over to do a gift exchange. They gave me the telephoto lens for my camera so I am so excited to try it out! You may see some pics of Carrie soon! And Graham's mom got me a gift certificate to Children's Corner so I can get some sewing stuff or even take a lesson! I am so excited! I need some extra help for sure. And Graham was so sweet and got me a membership to wine of the month club and cheese of the month club! My first shipment arrives today and since those are 2 of my favorite things, I know it will be tons of fun! I will let you know if we discover anything new and delicious! I got him cigar of the month club for Christmas and said I thought wine and cheese would be fun, too and he remembered! I was so impressed!

We ended the day eating dinner on the patio at Belle Meade with my parents celebrating 2 wonderful fathers and my birthday. It was really fun and surprisingly not too hot! (Carrie was home with a sitter). Tonight I get to try Suzy Wong's House of Yum with some buddies to further celebrate the birthday so I cannot wait!

Happy Father's day to all the dads out there and I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect day! Carrie is SO proud to be standing in her crib! i love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the name of that restaurant!! I want to go to a House of Yum. Glad your birthday was so fun and that Graham had a good first fathers day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sooooooooo many fun things on this post!!!! hope you had the happiest bday ever! I need to blog about Beauty and the Beast and our bday tradition!!! Love all your gifts!!!

    ReplyDelete