It was so good that I just felt compelled to blog about it! Burger Up is on the corner of 12 South and Paris Avenue and I say it is a must! If you have not gone, I hope you will! They have salads and yummy apps, but the gourmet burgers are what make it worth the stop. They use all local stuff...meat, produce etc to create the unique and tasty burger renditions. They serve them up on those yummy brioche buns that add flavor instead of taking it away like those bready buns do. They have a very interesting selection from the pimento cheese burger to the turkey burger to what I had which was a lamb burger. The lamb burger had boursin cheese and a peppermint dijon spread and it was SO delicious that I had to scarf every bite even though I was stuffed! On the side I had their sweet potato fries that they serve with their homemade maple ketchup and yep! I finished all of those off too! The place itself is small, but charming. They have a really neat bar that looks very inviting as well. There is also a small patio that I would love to enjoy someday. Because it is small, I hear the wait at night can be long, so either hit it up for lunch or an early dinner. Or wait...because it is definitely worth it.
10 years ago
We just went last night (with Callen who'd heard about it through you!) and I totally agree that it's a must! I had the mushroom swiss burger and, you're right, the buns are delicious. Will definitely be going again soon! Thanks for the recommendation!
ReplyDeleteit was TOTALLY delish! Thanks for telling us about it Neel! I want to go back ASAP!
ReplyDeleteOh BLASTED! that is where we were suppose ot go last month for our monthly highschool girls dinner, but when Megan called they were closed to conserve water...very considerate of them but i was very dissapointed. I have heard nothing but great things about it and on Friday and Saturday nights it is PACKED!!!
ReplyDeletep.s....LOVE your new room and what a fabulous surprise! Graham needs to talk to Mr. K...