Sunday, August 29, 2010

11 months!

Wow, hard to believe my next monthly post she will 1! AH! Every day is just so fun and every month post I feel so overwhelmed about what to post because she just changes so much each minute of each day of each week of each month!

So this month the biggest change has been that she is walking as I showed you on the last post. She still crawls when she is trying to go fast, but she is walking more and more every day and it is just a matter of time until crawling is a thing of the past. She is still very cautious while walking around so that is why she is not super fast at it!

She also now has 4 teeth on top! (to go along with her 2 bottom teeth). We are going to need some serious orthodontia! Just like I did. As you can see from the picture below, there is a gap the size of Texas between those front 2 teeth. Graham seriously asked me if they could be her side teeth and her front teeth are yet to come in. Hahah. I think not since we now have side teeth! Nonetheless, that smile is pretty darn cute!
Carrie has also added some words to her vocab. To go with mama, dada and baba, she now says 'baby' which sounds more like "baybay"...she is a bit country. She also calls big bird "buh buh" and the doggies are "doddies."

She LOVES her baby and her big bird. I mean the child goes nuts over big bird and elmo. I have placemats that stick on the table when we go out to eat that have big bird and elmo on them and she gets SO excited when I pull one out! She kicks her legs and squeals and points and says "buh buh" over and over. I have a video of it that I will put on here at some point. It is just too funny.

She still loves to read more than anything. She looks at her books over and over and points at everything and says 'da' or 'ba'. Instead of the toy store, we now just hit up the book store! Here she is reading by herself, but what is even funnier about this picture is that she can now turn the Ipod on my phone on and plays her music. It is her personal boom box that she carries around so not only is she reading here, but one of her songs is playing, too.
She also gets really excited her 'dada' gets home. We stand at the door and she points and kicks and squeals "dada"! She loves him so much. She always wants him to be looking at her and watching her and praising her. It is so sweet.

She still loves the dogs, too! or the 'doddies.' Whenever they bark to come in, she books it to the door and starts saying "doddies!!!" and we let them in and she is so excited. Or if we get home, as I am taking her out of the carseat she is already yelling "doddies" because she knows they will be at the door. When we get to the door and she looks at them through the window, she goes nuts. It is too funny. She also knows what "Pet the doggy" means and she will go over and pet them.
Carrie is FINALLY loving table food! She eats anything and everything and LOTS of it. She loves fruits, she still loves cheese, she loves pickles, she loves pasta, she loves broccoli cheddar nuggets, sweet potato fries and the list goes on. It is so wonderful. We do not do baby food anymore which is so nice. And taking her out to eat is so much easier because she will sit there and stuff her face the whole time. Literally.

Carrie is a very happy baby. But she is also very willful. She knows what she wants and she wants it right then! She has a new 'furrowed brow' expression that she gives me that cracks me up. Graham and I got some pictures of it yesterday which was easy because it is showing just how she feels about the camera...
Cracks me up. She is so sweet and still loves hugs and kisses, but the word 'no' has been a struggle. She either keeps doing whatever she was doing when I told her no or she stops doing it and cries. Haha. This discipline thing will be tricky! She cannot understand why she can't do whatever she wants whenever she wants!

Carrie is still just growing so much and is a big girl. I have been buying her clothes size 12-18 months if they have that option, but if not, I go straight to the 18 month size. She runs big so her clothes need to as well!

She still takes 2 naps a day about an hour and a half each. We won't be dropping that morning nap anytime soon!

She still loves the "pee-pi" game, looking at pictures of herself, bath time, music, dancing, her "ba", other kids and swinging.

There are definitely times that I feel so tired and overwhelmed, but the fun we have and how much we love her completely outweigh the hard days! She makes us laugh and smile so much and we thank God for her every day. Carrie, we say it every time, but we love you SO much and are so blessed to have you in our lives!
Have a relaxing Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. Love this! I cannot believe she has so many teeth already :) I am just sick we could not stop in and see y'all today! She has changed so much, Neel! But we are SO looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks. Love y'all

    ReplyDelete