Thursday, August 19, 2010

Life. In General.

So I was thinking about having nothing to blog right now and I realized that my blog has become all Carrie of late. That is pretty much my intention as this will be her baby book essentially, however, I also want to look back (and for her to look back) and remember that Graham and I also had some fun during this time! He and I were talking the other night about how life has finally kind of settled back into normal...in such a good way. It no longer feels 'new' to have Carrie as a part of our lives, but rather, it feels 'normal' if such a word exists. She is on such a good schedule and we are all in such a good place that Graham and I are finally really getting out again! We have been out off and on since she was born, but I actually feel like once or twice a week, we are out! We try to do a date night once a week and then usually have an event on the weekend so it just kind of feels like life again! I am definitely cooking way more because there are no more dinners-out-on-a-whim, but that is something I love so I am enjoying that! I get to try new recipes every week and have been happy doing so. Graham and I do love that Carrie goes to bed at 7 so that we can still have time to ourselves at night to have a drink, cook dinner, catch up and watch our shows so that has been really nice. So what you should be gathering from this is that we are happy with how things are. I get asked at least a few times every week when I think we will have another one. The truth is, I do not even have an answer for myself; I am taking it day by day, but for today, we are happy and enjoying life and our time with Carrie. We have also made an effort to have a weekend trip away every few months which I think is great for us and great for us as parents...we come back rejuvenated and refreshed which is huge as a parent. So it is only fitting that we just bought plane tickets to head up to NYC the second weekend of December! We are so excited because 1) We are visiting Matt & Lauren...duh!! 2) Graham has never been to the Big Apple 3) Christmas time there is so festive with the big tree at Rockefeller center and all the shoppers so now we have another weekend getaway to look forward to!

A couple pictures of Graham and I...

This was before the Swan Ball
And this was a dinner out with the Chesworths back in May
Now we are looking forward to a fun weekend starting with dinner at Whitfields with some friends tomorrow night and dinner with some friends here Sunday night! Yay for fun and amazing normality!

8 comments:

  1. Looove this post! I feel like we're in the same point in life right now! Great schedules with baby, fun times with hubby, and ppl asking questions like, "having another baby soon"? I like your mentality of taking things one day at a time. And I really like your pink dress!

    I've been meaning to ask you, I'm looking for a bishop style smocked dress for Adelaide's birthday, one with cupcakes around the neckline. I can't seem to find anything under $60. Do you know of any online boutiques that I should peruse? I know Carrie has some super cute smocked dresses so I knew you were the one to ask ;) I may end up spending $60+ on this one-day dress but I want to see all my options!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok well I am lucky with the smocking because my mother-in-law makes Carrie dresses, but I do have a couple places I order from as well. They are all fairly expensive, but try shrimpandgritskids.com for a start. They are all under 60.00 and they have some cute birthday stuff on sale even! Other places I like but are going to be up around 60.00 are carrottopclothes.com, bestdressedchild.com, and remembernguyen.com. But those are just good sites in general! Also, sometimes you can get cute, new stuff on ebay for a deal! I agree, I hate to spend a ton on things they won't wear a lot!! (I hate to spend a ton on her clothes period, actually!) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I hadn't looked on shrimpandgrits yet. Everything I'm finding is too big! Oh well, I still have a little over a month :). Thanks for the help though!! Have you started planning Carrie's first birthday? Any big plans? ps I went to facebook you but realized I don't know your full name! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! Full name is Neel Webb Young! We have started working on it...actual birthday will just be a family dinner with both Graham and my parents. But the Saturday before we are going to do a little party in the afternoon with snacks and popsicles. Good luck with the dress...I hope you find something you love. If I see anything I will definitely let you know. You might check Etsy as well! Have you started planning for the birthday, too??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea Adelaide's actual bday will be pretty low key . Ryan and I will probably take her to a petting zoo during the day or something. The following Sunday we'll have a party with family and friends. I want to do cupcakes instead of a cake so I think it would be sweet to have a smocked dress with cupcakes! We'll see if I can find one! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. the etsy dress is sooo cute! i've been practically stalking ebay!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray! We cannot wait! ps. love the pics

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Neel! I'm so glad you said hi! It's so fun to be able to catch up over blogs. Your little family is so precious and your daughter is beautiful! Glad you guys are doing so well. Can't wait to keep up with your blog. I'll be looking for baby advice eventually ;)

    ReplyDelete