Carrie and I mainly spent our days playing at the pool! They have an amazing baby pool and she loved it!
This turtle fountain was a hit for sure!

Mom, Dad and Graham played a lot of golf during the day so when Carrie was napping, I got to sit outside (without dying of a heat stroke) and read my book and finish smocking a dress for Carrie (Smocking post to come later...). Here is where I sat...
And here was my view.
It really is just so peaceful and it was so nice to do whatever I wanted without going through lists in my head about what needed to get done before I can do anything else.
Here is a picture of the beloved cabin. We got it again for a week for the next 2 summers coming up! Yay! Thanks, Dad! We are already looking forward to it.
And here was my view.
It really is just so peaceful and it was so nice to do whatever I wanted without going through lists in my head about what needed to get done before I can do anything else.
Here is a picture of the beloved cabin. We got it again for a week for the next 2 summers coming up! Yay! Thanks, Dad! We are already looking forward to it.
This was what was going on in our backyard almost 100% of the time. As we all said, deer are so common that you rarely get to really appreciate them, but we did when we were there. They are so peaceful and serene and beautiful.
Her obsession right now is books. That was basically all I brought for toys because besides her baby (whom she loves and she now can say "baby" but it sounds very country...kind of like "bay-bay" haha) and her big bird, books are about all that interest her. She wants to point out everything and have you tell her what it is. She even tries to back in to your lap with her books so she can pin you down to reading to her. As Graham said "How can you resist?!"
We are so lucky to have a woman up there who recently retired from working the front desk who loves to babysit! And since we know her and have always loved her, it is even better. The club does not really allow children under 3 (we did have 1 breakfast and 1 lunch there with Carrie, but we were in our own room). So she was available to us all week and we used her every night except that first night dinner at the pool and one night when we cooked at home. The men went fishing for trout and although they only caught 1, they got 3 more from the fishing place there and we had fresh trout one night. It was so yummy. I think we all got a little carried away the whole week with our beverage consumption since we were on vacation, but cooking in led to this picture at about 9 o'clock...
Every day but 1 we ate lunch by the pool. Carrie loved it because she could watch the kids run around while she ate! She also got some junk food that is not usually permitted such as chicken fries and french fries which she, of course, loved! She also tried her first cookie...one of their ginger snaps and we cracked up because she shoveled that thing in like she was the cookie monster! It was a hit! Here she is eating her favorite, string cheese, and not wanting me to steal any!
One day, dad, Graham and I went to shoot trap at the hunting lodge. I was so rusty, but we had tons of fun and Carrie loved looking at all the animal heads and waving to them!
Here are a few pictures from a walk Graham and I took Carrie on one day. We had to stop and play in the fountain!
Carrie also has now taken her first steps. She is not walking...she is very cautious and does not trust herself, but if she is not thinking about it and sees something she wants, she will walk over to it if it is a short enough distance away. She does know she can stand on her own, though...
Apple orchard...just another pretty view.
This was our last night. We were going up to eat at the clubhouse which is what we did most nights. Like I said, their food is my favorite. I stuffed myself silly with 4 course meals plus desert and have no regrets!!! They have a soup there called Chippewa that is my favorite soup. I dream about it. I had it at every lunch and dinner, no lie and brought 3 quarts home with me. (2 are in the freezer). I wish Carrie was looking in this picture...
And I wish something had not fluttered over Graham's face in this one!
The trip was just what we needed. A good get away, cooler weather and yummy food :). Thanks for bringing us along, Dad! We look forward to next year!!


LOVE this post!!! looks like an amazing vacay and so glad you got some time to relax!!
ReplyDeletelove all these pictures neel! carrie is so beautiful and getting so big! love that i can keep up with you through the blogs :) xo!
ReplyDeleteThis looks like such an amazing trip. I am so over this heat and just reading about cooler weather helped a little bit. :) AM is the same way when it comes to grass. She used to cry immediately but she is slowly getting used to it. Carrie is so cute!
ReplyDeleteJust found this post while searching for RRC - Hopefully my Daughter Lulu (1yo) and Carrie will become fast friends at Sports camp in 5 or 6 years...
ReplyDeleteJoe Byers Jr.