Friday, August 27, 2010

Walking...ish.

Ok I said in an earlier post that Carrie had taken her first steps a few weeks ago (augsust 4 I believe.) but that she was not 'walking.' She has continued to take steps here and there...4 or 5 at a time I think we were up to 7 until today when she started not just taking steps, but walking! She is a VERY cautious baby which is not a bad thing at all, but it did take her some time to put it together that taking steps over and over actually got her places and allowed her to carry a toy along with her! It has been fun to watch her figure it out over the past couple weeks and I am so proud of her for walking like such a big girl! It is also a little emotional because like my mom said today, once they start walking like this, they dont seem like babies anymore! She is turning into a toddler and I cannot believe it!!!




Besides figuring out the walking thing, she is starting to do little things that show her brain development and I love watching it all happen. For example, she likes to put things inside other things right now. She has a cup holder place on her highchair tray and she will carefully pick up a piece of food, put it in the cup holder and then look at me and smile like she is so proud. She is also trying to stack blocks and whenever she gets on to stay on top of another one, she is so excited. It is so cute and I am loving just watching every little thing day in and day out. Even though it may seem like small stuff, in her world it is huge which is just so precious.

More to come on little Carebear in her 11 month post on Sunday!
Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. YAY CAREBEAR!!! I HATE I MISSED IT, BUT I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Carrie!! She will be running before you know it!

    ReplyDelete