To my dearest Carebear,
Oh my goodness, how do I begin to write to you about how much you mean to me, how much I love you or how wonderful you are? Words could never do it justice…I get overwhelmed just thinking about it, much less writing it. A year ago, the doctor laid you in my arms and I just could not believe it. You were so precious, so wide-eyed and already so sweet. Since that day, I have been living in a world I do not believe I deserve. I knew I would feel blessed by you, but could never have imagined how blessed. The Lord gave me more than I could have ever dreamed of in you. Carrie, you are so much fun and so sweet. You love to hug and kiss me, you love to point at everything around you and find out what it is, you are always busy just like me, you are so smart, you love your doggies so much, you think your dad hung the moon, you love learning new things, you love books, you love your grandparents, your Godparents and your Uncle E, you love music and dancing, and the list could go and on. Carrie you look life right in the face and are ready for anything. I was not surprised at all that you were up walking by 11 months. You just do not have time to be still. I can hardly get you to sit in your highchair long enough to eat a meal. Your giggle is my favorite sound…I would tickle you all day to hear it. You are a good sleeper, but when you are awake, you are ready to go. You expect all the attention all the time and most of the time, you get it. You squeal and babble and talk all the time. You want to look at pictures of yourself more often than I want to show them to you. You already exhibit nurture through how much you love your baby. You hug her and ‘baby’ was your first real word. You love playing outside and you love playing with your little friends.
Carrie, you light up my world. You are a constant joy. You can turn the darkest moment into the happiest. Your smile lights up a room and when you run to me with your arms open and bury your head between my legs, I know I am the luckiest mom in the world. I hope you never lose your childish spirit and wonder. I hope you keep your bubbly little personality and do not let the evils of this world corrupt the innocence of your youth. I hope you continue to explore the world around you and soak it up like a sponge. And most of all, I hope you always know how much I love you, how proud I am of you and that home will always be here for you with 2 parents ready to hug you tight. Happy 1st birthday, Carebear and thank you for making my dreams come true.
I love you more than you will ever know.
Love,
Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment