Ok so I haven't been good about keeping up with restaurant reviews, but we did try a new one last week so I thought I would report on it! Graham and I went with Elizabeth and Dave Wells (for those of you who do not know them, Elizabeth is Grace's big sister...Grace being my good friend from Harpeth Hall, roomie all 4 years at Furman and now Carrie's Godmother) and they have jost moved back to Nashville so yay! Anyways, we trucked it over to East Nashville last Thursday to try the Holland House. I had heard it was similar to Patterson House (best cocktails eva'!) but had more dinner food. I figured we couldn't go wrong! Well here are my thoughts...the food was definitely good. At our table 2 cheeseburgers were ordered (Elizabeth said best cheeseburger ever) the fried chicken quarters for me and Graham had the pork shoulder. It was not really gourmet, but it was good. I would not drive back over the bridge for it, however. Also, yes the drink list was extensive and yes, the drinks were good, BUT the drinks too FOREVER! They said they spend a lot of time on each drink which I appreciate and all, but from the time we ordered drinks until they arrived at the table was about 20 minutes. That is a long time to wait for a drink! I felt like we needed to be asked after the first sip of our first drink if we thought we would want another round because when we finished our drinks and ordered another round, we were already done with dinner and had gotten the check by the time they arrived! So that was not a plus. Also, if you are a wine drinker, they admittedly put little focus on their wines only offering 5 whites, 3 of which were sold out that night! On top of that, I asked for their opinion on most popular drink which they gave me, but after ordering it, I was told they were out of one of the ingredients. So I chose a different drink and it was good and all that, but if your emphasis is not wine, and instead liquor, you need to be able to make your liquor drinks at the very least. So, should you make the trip over? Maybe. But maybe you should go have happy hour at Patterson House instead (Have the Juliet and Romeo...have 2 or 3 actually!) and then hit up a restaurant of your choice after. I just feel like if you are going to make the drive on the interstate to get some dinner, it better be darn tasty!
Luckily we had good company and had a great time with Elizabeth and Dave!
If you do wanna check it out for yourself, here is their website:
Holland House Nashville
Next on my list to try...The Wine Loft in the Gulch! If you have been there, let me know your thoughts!
10 years ago
soooo jealous :)
ReplyDeleteIt's 7:30 am and I am now craving one of those delicious cucumber drinks!
ReplyDelete