Such a fun day yesterday. I cannot believe Carrie is 1! Well here is a recap of how we spent the actual birthday!
Started a new tradition! Pancake Pantry for birthday breakfast. She was one happy girl and she put away some serious pancakes! More than I even knew she could hold down. But she loved it and it was a fun way to start our day as a family.

Mimi and Papa both came in town to celebrate with us. Here she is during opening presents reading a new book her Mimi gave her!

We mainly spent the day at home playing outside and opening presents non stop. Then Zach, our photographer, came at 5 to do her 12 month photo shoot and also get good pics of her eating her smash cake (can't wait to see all those! for now, mine will have to make do!). Here is her cake...Sesame Street so we could get her all excited about it!

Eating dinner pre-cake.

Cake time! No hat allowed apparently...

this is pretty good...

now we're talking...

stuff it in!

and then wipe it all over your face!!

damage done. She did pretty well! I was impressed! She is hesitant about new different things like this, but I think Big Bird helped get her to dive in!

After all the cake to-do and a little more present opening, it was time for bed. And then the adult dinner celebration began. I cooked dinner (made
this...yum!) and we all sat in the dining room which was so fun! I love pulling out the crystal and fine china!
Here is the Leland cake we got. She always does a great job! It was so pretty and so delicious!


Table setting...

The crowd from left...my dad (B.A.), "Big", my grandmother and Carrie's namesake, Graham's mom (Mimi), Graham, Graham's Dad (Papa), my mom (Cy-Cy) and I was the photographer. It was a great night and a prefect celebration of a wonderful girl and wonderful year.

Thanks to everyone who shared in the celebration in one way or the other. All the birthday wishes and fun memories meant so much to us! Here's to another wonderful year!!!
Awe. Looks like a blast! BIG day for Carebear!!! Your table looks awesome...so does Leland's cake :) Happy Birthday Carrie!
ReplyDelete