We have been at Ford Plantation with my parents since Friday. We started this tradition last year where we come down here the first half of Thanksgiving week and then head to Columbia the 2nd half since they are just 2 hours apart. It has worked out really well and been so nice to have Graham for a week! I hope we can keep this going. It makes the long drive even more worthwhile. We leave after lunch today to head to Columbia so I thought I would put up some of the pix from our time at Ford. It has been really fun since Carrie can do so much more than she could when she was here in March.
Just got out of the car after the 8 hour drive...she was thrilled to run around the golf course!

"How big is Carrie?!"


We also played on the swingset a couple days and then went through all the BIG old beautiful trees. I took several pics of that, but this is my fave.

"Where's dada?"

She loved the swing in our yard. She would sit on our laps in it for as long as we could stand it.

She got to help dada drive the golf cart as we set out to see some fun things!

She got to pet the horseys which was SO fun for her. Graham thought they may scare her, but she is a girl after my own heart and went right up to them and petted them. She also got to see goats and chickens at the farm on Ford which she thought was also really neat.

Then her and dada fed the fish.

And we saw this big ole guy...yikes!

There is also a kitty up by the golf shop that she chased relentlessly. Kitty wanted nothing to do with Carrie, but Carrie would not give up so we spent much time doing that. I am just facing the facts that a kitty is in our future. I made my parents have a menagerie of animals so it is payback time for sure!
Then I made an attempt to get some xmas pics outside the main house (Henry Ford's house) but it was not a good photo session. She was way too busy! So I got maybe 2 decent ones, but none that I just loved...



Here she is taking "B" (her new favorite word) to see the flowers.

And then looking down from the balcony of the house.

We had such a great time. The weather was in the high 70s/low 80s every day and always sunny. It allowed us to do some really fun things. We also got lots of good food as always. Love it down here.
Now off to Columbia for some more fun with Papa, Mimi, Fran, Uncle E and the rest of the gang! Happy Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment