After Ford Plantation, we headed up to Columbia to see Graham's side of the family. We haven't been since last Thanksgiving so it was fun to take Carrie at an age where she is much more interactive than the last time everyone saw her. We got in Wednesday and went over to Mamaw's house (Graham's grandmother, Carrie's great- grandmother) for dinner. Mimi and Fran were there as were Great Uncle Bill, Great Aunt Tink, 2nd cousin Allison and Papa came along as well. I think that first night Carrie was a bit overwhelmed and tired after a long drive so she was a little intimidated, but she still managed to put on a little show and have some fun.
The next morning we went over to Pam and Tom's house to celebrate with Papa's side of the family. It was so good to see all of them and it was great for Carrie to see Paw-Paw. He is her great-grandfather. (Carrie has 3 living great-grandmothers and 2 living great-grandfathers...I think this is really neat! I just wish she could have met all of them, but she has met 4 which is wonderful) Here is a pic of 4 generations.

She got to play outside which she loved. Great Aunt Pam and Great Uncle Tom got her a Gamecock football much to her dada's delight so her and Uncle E played with it.

Touchdown!

Show us those gap teeth, girl!

After a delicious Thanksgiving feast and a good nap for Carrie, we then headed back over to Mamaw's for feast #2. When we got there, Tink and Bill gave her a Christmas present of dress up shoes and a tutu. She loves them! She does not want to take the shoes off!

She was still a bit overwhelmed...I love her looking at Mamaw here. She is still not quite sure.

But just like always, she warmed up and had a great time! She even got to go outside and look at the kitty and the doggies next door which she loved. She was not a big fan of the Thanksgiving meal, but I was! We ate more delicious food and I was about to pop, but I loved it! There was lots of good cookin!

The next morning we went over to Mamaw's to see Mimi and Fran once more before they left Saturday. At this point Carrie loved everyone including Mamaw!

She loved this camel saddle...thinkin about taking a nap! She was exhausted towards the end of our trip and even took 2 naps a couple days which she hasnt done in 2 months! But she was SUCH a trooper.

She loved looking at the squirrels with Mamaw.

Saturday morning we took Carrie to the zoo and met up with Erin and the Granger girls. Here is Carrie all ready to go!

Walking in with dada.

She, of course, LOVED Callie. Callie is 2 and was so sweet to Carrie. I swear having kids around we didn't even need the animals! Callie pushed the stroller Carrie didn't want to ride in which was a huge help!

Petting the elephant sculpture.


Riding on him together.

They have a farm section where you can feed the goats and Carrie LOVED that.


Loves the bunnies...

There is a baby baboon at the zoo right now and if you see that tiny foot out front, you can see that mommy baboon is holding her newborn in her lap. It was precious.

The girls loved the aquarium. Carrie just loved running around in there with Callie. Callie is adorable as you can see and has a new baby sister, Chloe who is also precious and was so good the whole time. She just slept and looked around. Next year she will be running around with these 2 as well!


It was also cool that you can feed the giraffes there. So Carrie got to see a giraffe up close and personal which we all thought was pretty cool!

And a treat for me was that I got to see Dana Saturday for lunch and a little shopping and even got a peak at her new house. Carrie loved Dana off the bat! That night we met the Granger family for an early dinner which was really yummy and fun and then I headed home with Carrie while Graham stayed out to watch the USC/Clemson game. I was fine with that because Dana came and hung out the whole game which was so fun for me. I loved catching up! And the boys were REALLY happy with a big USC victory!!!
We had such a wonderful Thanksgiving and loved seeing all of the family. We have so much to be thankful for. Carrie is so blessed to have so many people who love and care about her. The poor thing is absolutely pooped and has showed me several times today in the form of meltdowns, but I totally understand. Now it is time to just get back in our rhythm and get geared up for Christmas! We went and got our tree last night and have been decking the halls ever since! Tree post up next!
No comments:
Post a Comment