Friday, February 4, 2011

Lately.

I really have not taken many pictures lately. There just haven't been a ton of opportunities, not to mention whenever I get the camera out, Carrie immediately just wants to look through the old pictures. She has no interest in taking new ones! But here are a few things we have been up to...

Learning to color. I think Graham may enjoy this even more than Carrie. As you can see here, she is using her left hand, but she switches back and forth. Everyone is anxiously awaiting her decision since I am left handed.
The other night after Graham bathed Carrie, I still had her pajamas in the dryer so I told him I needed 10 more minutes. This is what he put her in in the meantime. A diaper and a snowman sweater...
Last weekend it was in the 60s. It was heavenly. We got to play outside both days and she was loving it. It definitely made us crave Spring time even more. Here she is playing at the park. She and this girl liked each other since they were about the same size...
And going down the big girl slide...
I am sad that it is cold again and we are expected to get more snow tonight. I am over the winter!

Everyone keeps asking me about words Carrie is saying and I just feel like she says SO much now that it is hard to document. She will try to repeat anything you say and remembers words she hears throughout the day. I wish I could list them all, but since there are so many, I thought I would list 20 or so that she uses regularly...

Baby
Bubble
Idea (Heard this on TV...has no idea what it means, but says it)
Uh-Oh
Oh My or Oh Dear
Hello (HeWo)
Bye Bye
Outside (owside)
Coat
Please (Pees)
Pasta
Pizza
Banana (Nana)
More
Wa-Wa
Pee-Pie!
Mama, no no (When I tell her 'no!', she says "Mama, no no")
All done!
Hot-Hot (HaHa is what it sounds like)
Choo Choo
Beep Beep (It is what she calls a car)
Tree (Twee)
Box (What she calls mailboxes)
Bus
Bath
She also can do any animal noises and also knows the names of most animals. Another thing she loves is the alphabet. We have foam letters in the bath tub and she is so interested in learning what they all are. So she knows about half the letters of the alphabet now just because she wanted to! Anytime we go somewhere and she sees a big sign, she will tell me the letters she sees...her favorites are E, B, O and S.
She also of course knows all her people...Mama, Dada, Cy-Cy, BA (her favorite thing to say!), Mimi, Papa, E. She is still trying to say Fran...it is a hard one. She still calls the dogs doggies, but when I ask where Shammi or Tilly is, she knows which is which.

Another funny thing about her is that she is a little collector. Graham and I joke that she is a hoarder. She will take all the pieces of whatever she is playing with and put them in a small space and then go sit with them. Like today she took all the animals from her Noah's Ark toy and put the behind the door to our room. Then when she had them all back there, she went back there and sat down with them. It is so quirky and funny and we love to laugh about it. I don't know what it means for her little personality!

I cannot believe that she is 16 months old. She is changing so much and learning so many things every day. It is SO much fun to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment