Today was Valentine's Playgroup Party. It was so cute and fun. All the kids brought Valentine's and Emily made these really cute festive bags with the kids names on them for us to put the valentines in. I decided to make the Valentines with Carrie so we would have a fun art project. Let me just say they did not turn out as I had pictured, but that's ok. She is just 1. I cut out hearts and wanted her to put her hand in paint and put handprints on the cards. So Graham held her hand and I dipped it and put it on the heards. However, I did not think about her closing her hand up and all that stuff so the hands did not really look like hands! Not to mention Carrie HATES when her hands are dirty so she was immediately upset. The good news is that what came after the handprints were stickers. I had gotten some heart stickers and because they were big and plastic, she could peel them off. She loved peeling them off and sticking them on the cards. Here are her and Graham working hard on that...

And here is the finished product...

I made some cake pops to go along with the cards. They tasted good, but they weren't so pretty! I need some tips on how to do a better job icing these!

I forgot my camera so I couldn't get pictures of the cute bags or the yummy food, but I did try to get a group pic with my phone. It is blurry and some of the kiddos had already left, but oh well!

When we got home, we looked at all the valentines (even Tilly helped). Carrie loves them all!



Have a good weekend!
too cute! those cake pops look delish!
ReplyDelete