I haven't written much about the pregnancy I don't think so I wanted to do a quick update on how things have been going! I have had fun looking back at my posts from when I was pregnant with Carrie and just comparing things. Truthfully, thinking about all of it, I really feel like this is going to be another girl. There is more similar than different I think so I am convinced Graham will continue to be surrounded by adoring ladies :). I am just over 14 weeks right now and had my 2nd doctor's appointment this morning. Everything was good...blood pressure, heartrate etc. It was so fun to hear the heartbeat and I would say it is definitely suggesting girl since it was 150, but when she was trying to get the heart rate, this baby moved 3 times! So we had to keep trying so it would have been high either way with all the movement going on. I am not sure I can handle another wild child!!! But sounds like that is what I will get! The only thing she wanted to see different is just a little more weight gain between now and my next appointment. I told her I had been worried about the baby because I had not been gaining weight recently and she told me I had gained 1 pound and that that was fine, but I just need to be getting a little bit more calories each day. I told her not much was sounding good right now and she said just eat what tastes good even if that means McDonald's french fries...wahoo! That always sounds good :). She did say not to go nuts, though haha. I did not have my first appointment until 10 weeks so I know I gained some before that appointment that they don't have down, but still, I guess I do need to make myself eat more. I have felt pretty good overall...no morning sickness or anything like that which is great since I have a toddler running around. But here are some comparisons between my first trimester with Carrie and this first trimester:
Similarities: With both I was really tired. Get in bed by 930 tired, but I am pretty convinced that is just every pregnancy! I have also had the same indigestion I had with Carrie. It is right when my body is first adjusting to being pregnant and the digestion slows down to maintain more nutrients...I have bad digestion anyways so when this happens, it just whacks me out and is very painful.
Differences: Main differences have been that this time I have had some headaches which I did not have with Carrie. My mom had these with Vann. I get them in the afternoons and when I eat sugar. They aren't every day and are usually just dull aches but annoying! Other main differences really involve eating. With Carrie I wanted to eat everything all the time and mainly sweets. This time I am really not hungry and hardly anything sounds good including sweets. Makes it hard when I want to eat really healthy but the last thing I want is vegetables! I guess now I will just focus on getting some extra calories!
But overall, it has been a pretty good pregnancy and I don't really have any complaints! I loved hearing the little heartbeat today and I am so thankful things are good so far!
10 years ago
Okay, that girl looked absolutely precious on easter!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteand I had headaches with both boys....you just never know!!!!