Friday, August 5, 2011

Mama/daughter days

Dada is out of town right now so I try to fill up our days with activities to keep us busy. Well yesterday we were busy all right! I had an ultrasound first thing in the morning so Carrie went to BA and Cy-Cy's house at 8 am to play. Ultrasound good...she is growing well, still ahead of schedule, but she is breech still so we are praying she will flip soon. I picked Carrie up and took her over to the pool to swim and eat lunch with her little buddy Mills while it was overcast and not so hot. They had fun swimming and then got a yummy lunch. After this she was ready for a nap! But right after nap I took her over to play with Maddie and Emalyn and to try out the new trampoline Maddie got for her birthday. Carrie loved it at first as you can see in this video, but I think she got hot really fast!

YouTube Video

After this we went and got Cy-Cy and drove over to Belle Meade because they had a fire truck outside the pool for the kids! Since Carrie is such a Tomboy we couldn't resist taking her to see it for a little bit. She was definitely super interested but slightly overwhelmed too! She got to drive it, press buttons, see the hose spray, wear a fireman's hat, and hear the siren! It was neat and she has been talking about it ever since!















After Cy-Cy bathed her, I took her to cinco de mayo for our friend Jared's birthday dinner. It is one of the few places she will really sit happily in a high chair at dinner time for an extended period of time. She is like her mama and loves that cheese dip! It keeps her totally happy and she sat there for an hour and 15 minutes which was great!! She finally told me it was bedtime and we needed to go home...she is a child of routine for sure!

We were both pooped from a busy day, but we had so much fun! I hope we can continue to stay busy and not too hot for another day until dada gets home Saturday!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment