Wednesday, August 31, 2011

If You Like Easy...

and Kalamata Olives, you should make the recipe below! I said I would be trying out some new recipes and I am and this one is so good and SO simple. Graham said to put it on his list of favorites (since when I ask him what he wants for dinner he always says "I don't know").

(pic taken with I phone so not great...)



Olive Lemon Chicken: 
1-½ pound Skinless, Meaty, Chicken Thighs 
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil 
⅔ cups Dried Orzo 
½ cups Pitted And Drained Kalamata Olives 
14 ounces, fluid Low Sodium Chicken Broth 
1 whole Lemon, Cut In Wedges 
2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice 
1 teaspoon Dried Oregano 
¼ teaspoons Each, Salt And Pepper

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a 4-quart Dutch oven, brown chicken in hot oil over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, turning once.
2. Stir in orzo, olives, broth, lemon wedges, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper.
3. Cover, bake for 40 minutes, or until chicken is about 170 degrees F.
4. Serve in shallow bowls with additional broth if desired. Top with minced fresh oregano (optional).

So essentially you just brown chicken, throw a few things in a pot and bake it. So nice for a week night meal. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment