Hard to believe baby Hayes is already 4 weeks old. I feel like she just got here last week! So I need to post a little bit about what is going on with her! She has already brought so much joy to our lives...she is so sweet and cute and has been a very easy addition. Yes, I'm tired, but overall, adding Hayes to our lives has been much easier to me than adding Carrie. Not because Carrie was a hard baby, but because for me, adjusting to one was a huge shock and this time, not so much. I knew what to expect and I am appreciating all things newborn so much more this go round! I think with Carrie I just couldn't wait for all the different milestones and with Hayes, I am just trying to enjoy each sweet moment. (The only thing I can't wait for is sleeping through the night :) ) It is definitely harder to spend as much sweet time with her since Carrie still wants my attention, but I do get that time every time she eats and after C goes to bed. Hayes is doing pretty well with her sleeping...she is starting to understand nights are for sleeping and going right back down after she eats. She is stretching around 4 or 5 hours at least once a night which helps. I feel like every day gets a little better with that. She is awake a lot more during the day now which is fun. Carrie ALWAYS wants to "play" with her when she is awake and we have to constantly tell her to be gentle. We weren't worried about it a bit until the past couple days she has been testing the boundaries on how gentle is actually gentle :). Carrie definitely has good and bad days with this transition. A few days will go by without a hitch and then she will do something that shows me that she is struggling a little inside with sharing all of her people. I totally expected this and it hurts my heart to see her thinking she is somehow getting replaced. We try to make sure she feels extra special as much as we can. But overall she really loves Hayes and gives her tons of hugs, pat-pats, and sweet kisses. She always says she is going to "check on her" when she hears Hayes make sounds while she is sleeping and she always wants Hayes to come with us wherever we are in the house. I can't believe we are actually a family of 4 now, but we are loving it.
Milk Coma on daddy.
Losing her little baby hair just like her big sister did :)
And loves her paci like big sister did/does.
And here is a comparison pic of Carrie. She is a week or so older than Hayes in her pic, but Hayes was almost a pound bigger than Carrie when she was born so Hayes is a bigger baby than Carrie. But they are probably about equal weight here and I still think they look really similar!
Alright gonna go kick my feet up for a few minutes while both girls are asleep :)
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment