This year's Thanksgiving was very low key which we needed with a 6 week old baby! We just stayed here and had our Turkey Day just us 4. It was a sweet day just spent at home as our little family of 4. And luckily the weather was good allowing us a little outside time, too! In the morning we watched the Macy's Day Parade...Carrie enjoyed some parts of it this year and kind of tuned in and out depending on what was on. The highlights for her were the Sesame Street float and the Dora float. We had to rewind the Dora float 3 times to watch it because she was so excited about it. We also walked down to the Julia Green Playground for a while and played in our yard for a while. Carrie got to open a birthday present that we had hidden...a new bubble bucket and she had fun with that!
I think I thought it was colder than it really was and bundled Hayes up like it was 30 when it really was in the 60s :). She was obviously very into bubble time...
And I finally got some big smile pics! Let me just say that yes, H has a chubby face just like C did, but it is not QUITE as big as the camera makes it look. But these pics really make me laugh for that reason. And what a happy girl she is...
I cheated and ordered a lot of the food. I just knew that with a newborn, I would regret it if I did not order a lot of it and was stuck spending the whole day in the kitchen with no help. So all I had to do were the mashed potatoes, the green bean casserole and just open the cranberry! We ordered the turkey, the stuffing, the oyster dressing, the gravy and the pumpkin pie. It was well worth it because it made my night super easy and the food was really yummy!!!
I let C pick out what she wanted...turkey, green beans, rolls and she actually tried the stuffing, but was not impressed. She loved the meal, though and even said her own blessing after we said one. She said "God Our Father" and it was really cute. She was happy to sit at the table for a longer time than normal and seemed to really enjoy her Thanksgiving meal.
We feel more blessed than ever this year with 2 healthy little girls and BA home and in remission. We are so thankful for wonderful family, wonderful friends, a roof over our heads, Graham having a job, food on our table and the many other wonderful blessings we have. God has been so good to us even though we are so undeserving and we are truly thankful.
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment