Friday afternoon was so pretty we decided to go get our tree. Carrie was really excited which made it really fun. I love that this year she is really getting into the holidays. So we went to the same place we always go and where I went growing up to pick one out.
She meant business when we got there and set out to find us one.
Standing by the tree we picked waiting for someone to get it for us.
She and I ran through the trees playing "hide and seek". She always peeks while she counts! Here she is chasing me.
Well, as usual, we tried to get a good family pic to no avail. The first one G closed his eyes and the second one I can't tell where C is looking. Not to mention getting her to smile at the camera for a long period of time is really hard for some reason!
The a lady suggested C sit in this big wreath and it actually made for some cute pics! And C loved it!
Baby H was a little nervous about Sissy holding her with no help, but she did great!
And last night we decorated the tree. We picked some out that C could hang and she was pretty excited.
When she "hung" the "ordaments" she just set them in the branches and said "Mommy, I did it!" Sometimes they stayed, but they mostly just fell through the branches. It was a good effort, though!
And the finished product...
Now we are just working on "look, don't touch!" because C loves walking around the tree and talking about all the "ordaments."
The house is all decorated and we are all enjoying it. Carrie loves the snow village and the nativity scenes...more things that we are practicing just looking at and not touching. I also like the 4 stockings hung on the mantle this year :). Our other new addition besides the new stocking is Elf on the Shelf. We are trying to convince Carrie that the elf is watching and reporting to Santa on her behavior. I think she understands a little bit, but does not fully grasp it yet. It is still fun, though!
10 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment