We decided it was time to take Carrie out to Opryland to see the lights this year. She is so into Christmas and everything about it so we knew she would love it. And she did! The hotel itself is so neat with the river and jungly lobbies and fountains, but for Christmas, it was even more fun. You just never know when you take a 2 year old and a newborn somewhere this crazy and crowded how it will go, but it all went great and was so much fun!! Both of the girls were great which made it so enjoyable.
Here is C getting her picture made with the cowboy horses. She was kind of dancing around here, but in the smiling ones, there was a big shadow :(. After this, she wanted to have her picture made with everything.
So we had to have a picture in this store with their 'frosties' and another one with a reindeer (which didn't turn out very cute)
In front of the big tree with Cy Cy and BA
And then Graham bought her a pink cowgirl hat. You cannot go out to Opryland in Nashville and not have a cowgirl hat! Needless to say, she loved it and was obsessed with it. She wore it the rest of the night!
Then she wanted to sit on Santa's lap...again. It was our 3rd visit with him, but she is always so excited so we let her go. They said not to use your own cameras, but everyone else was, so I did too (not a good lesson to teach your kids I guess!). But I couldn't resist because she was cute up there in her hat and I was not about to pay 20 bucks for their pic.
She actually had a long chat with Santa. When we asked what she told him, she said "babydoll"...the conversation was clearly longer than that, but I guess it is just between her and Santa!
Tried to get a pic in front of the tree, but barely got any tree. That's ok because a pic with all 3 of us smiling is hard to come by! I decided not to bother Hayes for this pic...she was very content in her stroller and I did not want to end up with a fussy baby for a pic that she would be a blob in. Next year, Hayes.
The big tree.
We also saw a person dresses as the Puss n Boots from Shrek and Carrie was very taken with him. But to go stand with him was 50 bucks...I kid you not, so we just looked from afar :). She also loved when BA gave her coins to throw in the fountain...she kept saying "BA, I want more moneys please!"
At the end, we ended up in the bar giving Hayes a bottle and having some wine...here is a picture of Carrie at this point...clearly looking rough after having a blast!
Then we drove around and looked at all the lights outside which we all enjoyed. It was a fun way to kickoff the holiday weekend and I look forward to going back in years to come!!
10 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment