So we have officially finished our first trimester as of this past Saturday! Hooray! I will not miss the constant fatigue that is for sure! However, with the 2nd trimester have entered mood swings, crying spells, and just general irrationality. Oh well, what can I do but just embrace it? I am just thankful to be feeling closer to back to my old self again! But also with this new trimester has come the beginning of a bump! So what this has meant for me is that most of my normal clothes are pretty uncomfortable, but maternity clothes are still too big. So, as a result, I am just wearing clothes I have that are baggy. Attractive, I know. I have begun my maternity shopping, though. I was lucky enough to get to spend a girl's weekend in Chicago celebrating my friend Minje's upcoming wedding. On that trip, everyone was so nice and went with me to all the fun little places where I managed to get my maternity jeans, a black cotton maternity dress, some tank tops, some linen pants, a skirt and a few more tops. So all in all, it was a successful start!
So yesterday Graham and I had our 2nd doctor's appointment. It was really fun because we got to actually hear the heartbeat. (Last time we saw it on the ultrasound, but this time we actually heard it through my tummy!) It was so neat and it was beating very fast! In fact, the heart rate was 140 so if you follow the old wives tale, it would be a girl! However, I checked the validity of that yesterday and apparently the heart rate changes all the time depending on if they are moving, sleeping or whatever. So Graham has not given up hope to get his little athlete boy just yet! However, when I begged to get my appointment with the radiologist moved up to 18 weeks from 20, it was to no avail. I am dying to know the sex of this little precious! Also at the appointment, we discussed all options for genetic testing and many other things from my long list of questions. Overall, it was a great appointment! As we were leaving, they gave us a flyer for the 4D ultrasound we want to do and on it, it said they can tell you gender as early as 15 weeks! I am in week 14 now so that would be really soon! Graham is not sure he wants to do it in case they are not accurate and my only concern is them seeing something of concern on the ultrasound with out the doctor being there. Any thoughts or opinions on what we should do?! I keep going back and forth and Graham is leaving it up to me! So let me know any and all opinions!
As for the move, things are going well! We are down to the very last few boxes which is really nice. Mom has helped me a lot on the weekends to widdle (sp??) it down. Now we are beginning to order some things we need such as a rug for the den and we will soon order a new breakfast room table so this is the fun part now!
The dog update is as follows: Tilly has a consultation with Greymont Kennels on Saturday which will hopefully lead to a 2 week boot camp for her. She has pushed me right over the edge these past few weeks and I am ready for a break and also ready for a dog that comes when she is called and doesn't nip at me when she is excited. Her latest stunt was at 6:40 am this morning. I let them out to use the bathroom while in my robe and she proceeds to run after a man who is walking on our street. Because when I call her name she completely ignores me, she just followed him on his walk running around him and through everyone's yard. I, being in my robe, did not feel it was appropriate to sprint down the street so before I knew it, she was out of my sight and turning onto Vailwood which is actually a busier street than Skyline. Fearing she was going to get runover, I panicked. Enter one of my new found crying spells. I called Graham out of bed and he grabbed the car keys and was off. He found her...still following that man...on Vailwood. Needless, to say, it did not start off to a good day and I hope they will take her ASAP in their boot camp. It is time!!! It is past time!!!
Anyways, these are all the things that have been going on in our crazy lives lately! I will try to be better about keeping everyone up to speed, but everything...work, life, etc...is just so busy! Happy Spring! (If it ever feels like it again that is...)
10 years ago
glad the fatigue has passed, and you can always use pregnancy as an excuse for any mood swings or crying ;)
ReplyDeletei also had the same concern about the 4D ultrasound before we had one w/the doctor present, so I didn't do it. But..that is completely up to you and Graham. Can't wait to hear!!
I'm so excited that you started a blog! You'll find as time goes on that the mood swings, etc, get you out of a lot of things you don't want to participate in :) Can't wait to hear what you decide to do, seeing your baby on the ultrasound is absolutely amazing, but understand your concerns- I think all moms have that
ReplyDeleteWell, I sadly cannot report that the mood swings will EVER go away from here on out:) But on the bright side, like Erin said, they could get you out of things you don't want to do and could get you more floral arrangments in the future:)...
ReplyDeleteAs for the 4-D, they say you can see it as early as 15 weeks, but if you are not going to go out and buy pink or blue afterwards anyways with the fear that they could be wrong since it is early, then why spend the money to do it?? Just being practical, but not fun. Can't wait to hear about it though!
It's Caroline!! Not Kristen!!
ReplyDeleteI was just as anxious as you to find out; I tried my hardest to let them let me find out before 20 weeks but no such luck. It is so frustrating and difficult to wait but it will be here before you know it. I went for a free ultrasound at a local clinic who was doing training so there wasn't a charge at 15 weeks and had my fingers crossed we would find out since the doctor wouldn't do it before 20 weeks. No luck at that appointment though. Hang in there, you'll know soon enough, and then once you do time really flies!! I feel like I JUST FOUND OUT but it has now been 5 weeks! I go tomorrow for my glucose test. Good luck and you'll know soon! Can't wait to read about it!
ReplyDelete