10 years ago
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Oh What a Night...
yep, still singing Jersey Boys. However, this time not in a good way. Last night was one of those you live and you learn nights. You see, I made a big mistake. We are constantly giving our dogs treats to chew on like pigs ears, pig hooves, those hollow bones with meat in them, denta bones, anything really that keeps them occupied and they love them! Well, in the grocery store the other day, I saw these massive bones. They were next to the pigs ears and just looked like something they would chew on for weeks! I was like this will be good during the move. Well, last night I had supper club and Graham was not home from work. I felt bad putting them up again because they had been up alllll day so I just put them in the fence, tossed the bones back there and jumped in the car for supper club. I wondered how this would all go, but just decided not to worry about it. When I got the call from Graham and he told me he was home and the dogs were there, but the bones were NOWHERE to be found, I knew it wasn't good. They ate these massive caveman bones. Ate them. I was like well something will be coming out of one end of these dogs tonight, that is for sure. So it started with Shammi. Luckily, Graham was outside with her when she threw up...the first time. Then in they came and we got in bed. We usually read and let Tilly sit on the bed while we do then we crate her. Wellllll she threw up. Luckily it went off the bed, but unluckily, our new room is white carpet. SO, it was a frantic race for carpet cleaner (thank goodness Graham bought a great spot cleaner for carpets at Lowes!) and towels. In the middle of this cleaning, I proceeded to gag and then myself had to run to the bathroom and throw up. Lovely I know. The sensitive stomach+heightened sense of smell did not do me well. After this, I spent about 20-30 minutes cleaning that up. It actually cleaned up really well since we were right there when it happened. I felt pretty good about my efforts. Then she started to throw up again and we got a towel under her so another crisis averted. Well we crated her, and finally went to bed close to midnight by the end of it all. Then at 5:30 this morning, Shammi proceeds to throw up 2 more times on our bedroom carpet. Up and running and cleaning again!!! Again, caught it early and was able to get it all up. The white carpet wasnt perfect to begin with so you really cant tell this happened. Again, I am feeling pretty good. Well then Shammi throws up a couple more times, luckily on the den tile, but Tilly is seemingly back to normal. So I left my house today with about 5 hours of sleep under my belt, Graham none to happy about my bone purchase, and 2 dogs locked up hopefully getting over their bone illness. I promise I am not a bad dog mom, but usually they carry bones for weeks so I just did not know that these were actually edible. You live and learn! In the meantime, Graham and I are paying for my mistake in exhaustion! I just really hope Shammi gets to feeling better so I am not feeling so guilty!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I've had a night like that with Beau and it's NOT fun! I quickly learned which bones to buy and which bones to stay the heck away from!!
ReplyDeleteOh no!! I will NOT be buying any of those bones! Hope the girls are feeling better :)
ReplyDeletePoor babies, and you two as well! We have had that happen too, not fun! Hope all of you are feeling better and catching up on your sleep
ReplyDeleteOh girl don't feel guilty! You had no idea!!!!
ReplyDeleteAtleast this did not happen after baby Young got here. Now you know what treat NOT to get them after baby arrives!