And then there is Tilly. I would NOT say Tilly was any kind of Angel. If it explains better, her nickname is Tilly-Monster. Tilly came into our lives when we decided we loved Shammi SO much that she was getting annoyed so we needed to get another dog to share the burden. Enter Tilly. I did not know much about her breed when we picked her out except she would be a bit smaller than Shammi and still would not shed. I did not know the extent of the energy they wrote about when discussing her breed. She came into our lives, our house, our yard like a hurricane and has not slowed since. She has mastered the art of ripping toys to shreds about 10 minutes after she gets them. She has dug numerous holes. If you reprimand her for anything, she chomps air at you like she is trying to talk back. She eats food off the counter. The list goes on. I have had to pray for patience so many times since we got her. Unlike Shammi who I am sure God sent me to calm me down and lift me up, I am pretty sure he sent me Tilly to teach me patience for having children. I think most people's favorite Tilly story is one night Graham and I were sitting out on the patio after work talking and when we were going inside, Graham asked where his phone was. He said he left it on the table next to his patio chair but it was gone. Well I called it to see where it was and let me just tell you, the ring was very faint and coming from our flower beds because Tilly had BURIED it. We had to dig for it until we finally found it. But through all the bad dog moments when I swear she must be worse than Marley from "Marley & Me", she does keep us on our toes and laughing nonstop. She is a dog like none other I have met. One that would eat anything from bananas to olives, who loves toothpaste so has to have some on her nose to lick while I brush my teeth. And when she FINALLY calms down once in a blue moon after we walk her up Mt. Everest and back, she is the cuddliest dog ever and just wants to sit on your lap the whole night and lay right by your feet so she does show she loves us at the end of the day. This is her thinking she is the queen as usual. (another thing, she does not sit on hard places, only pillows...)
A better picture of her before she decapitated duck...
And through all the times that I have wondered if I was insane to get 2 dogs, I know it has been wonderful for Shammi and she is a much happier dog for it. Most of the time, she loves having Tilly around and having a play mate and I know she is healthier as well. Here are some shots of them...
and sometimes even sweet sham loses her patience with the monster...
So those are the girls! There will probably be many more postings about them so I thought an introduction was necessary!
Love hearing about your girls! The Tilly stories had me laughing out loud.....
ReplyDeleteHaha that last picture of Shammi is PRICELESS!!!! Miss you!
ReplyDeleteso cute! Lonnie misses seeing Shammi, they need a playdate :)
ReplyDeleteYou and my sister-in-law Jennifer (you met her the day we stopped by your house to meet Tilly) should really be a part of each others blogs...you are the only 2 who I have ever known who share such a love for dogs! www.thehowellslife.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteLove ya!
HA! Tilly makes me laugh. I will never forget when I came to meet her and she so bravely leaped off your front porch...she was SO tiny...it must have been like jumping off a sky scraper to her at the time. What a crazy puppy!!! They are both so precious!
ReplyDelete