A day I hope to never revisit or at least not for 20 more years.
10 reasons why it was not a fun day:
1) woke up to sleet. 100 % chance of sleet/rain all day
2) Graham managed to be in Destin for a Bachelor Party. This is not to take credit for how much work he did beforehand because he and mom did most all of it since I am no help, but it still made it that much harder yesterday.
3) We have an attic with a rickety old ladder which maybe made the move 2 hours longer. time is money.
4) I balled my eyes out leaving Branch Creek. So many good memories.
5) We had to get the dining room table out of storage and it was, of course, in the very back so everything had to be moved out to get it and then moved back in. again, time is money.
6) When we finally got to the new house to unload, we lost power.
7) Mom got to have wine when 6:00 rolled around. I had a bottle of water.
8) Lower back hurt the whole day. Hope baby is not sitting in a bad spot that will make this continue 7 more months. If so, that is fine, too as long as peanut is comfortable and safe.
9) The move took from 12-8...8 hours!!! I mean my house was 1400 square feet and we moved all boxes except attic ahead of time so I dont even know how that is possible.
10) The new house is not arranged and full of boxes that need to be unpacked.
A few good things, though!
We are moved from point A to point B.
We love the new house and will make great memories there.
Moving day is behind us and hopefully we are somewhere we can be a long time if not forever!
10 years ago
I love #7! I can only imagine how good your mom's glass of wine sounded to you! Glad that moving day is now behind you....
ReplyDeleteI am sorry moving day was a mess but you know that all this post made me want to run over there to unpack and organize!
ReplyDeleteI am SO GLAD I am back in the real world and you have a blog!!!!!!! SOOOO MUCH FUN!! Love you girl!
ReplyDeleteYay! So glad to see the house yesterday...I do love a good before and after! The kitchen looks amazing!!!
ReplyDelete