So many of you have been so sweet to ask how I am feeling or how I am doing so I thought I would just write a post about for all my friends and family who I don't get to talk to everyday, but have still asked to stay updated. I also want to write it down so that I can remember it myself when I look back on this journey through my first pregnancy. So, overall I have felt pretty good. I was blessed to dodge the morning sickness thing for sure! I have been so exhausted for sure, though. A kind of tired I have never experienced, but my Doctor said it best when she said that is just God's way of saying this is a time to take it slow. When you are in the middle of moving, sometimes it is hard to remember this and be actively pursuing the needed rest, but I have done my best. The other problem I have had is just a lot of indigestion and heartburn. Because I have had past stomach issues, this probably should be no surprise. However, the pain from it has caused me worry off and on. I think I have accepted that that is definitely what it is from, but being such a worry wart, it has taken some time not to worry with every slight pain. As far as my back goes, it has been feeling much better since I have stopped allowing myself to bend and lift as much. But, on the whole, I am sleeping well, eating well and feeling pretty good. I am certainly ready to start the 2nd trimester, though. It is my understanding that you get a second wind then and maybe that would mean I could start unpacking some boxes so our house can start to feel like a home? We will see. Stay tuned for that in a couple weeks!
Thanks again to everyone for all the thoughts, notes, prayers etc. It is certainly comforting to have all your support!
10 years ago
Hey Neel-This is Caroline's dog obsessed sister in law! haha! Glad to have another blog about dogs and babies to follow!! Best of luck with the pregnancy, I'm 22 weeks today and have had it really easy so far. Hopefully you will continue to feel well, get your sleep!!
ReplyDeleteJennifer
glad you are feeling well! you will get more energy soon, i promise!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you are feeling pretty good! Moving while pregnant is definitely a drag, but at least you'll be in your new house when you start getting the urge to nest!
ReplyDeleteI feel a 2nd wind a-coming!
ReplyDelete