Sunday, September 11, 2011

Big Bed Update

So we are 3 nights and 3 naps in to the Big Girl bed and things are going great!!! I have been so pleasantly surprised and so proud of how well she has done! She really loves it. I love looking at her in the monitor...she looks so little in that big 'ole bed. Sometimes it makes me sad because she really is not a baby anymore, but I think about how great it is that we can travel and take her places and not bring a pack and play! And she spends a lot of time in it during the day reading books and playing. I leave books on her side table and sometimes she picks one up when I leave her room at nap time and I hear her reading it out loud, but then she just puts it back and goes to sleep. It's pretty cute. So anyways, to anyone thinking about making the switch, if they seem ready and excited, I say go for it! We got a book called "Big Enough for a Bed" that is an Elmo book that she got when she got her bed and she has LOVED reading that several times before bed and loves that Elmo got his big bed, too so I definitely recommend that as well.

While I am so glad this transition went well, I am really starting to see some "terrible 2" coming out. Carrie is saying "mine" a lot and not always listening to me. I knew it was coming, but that does not make it any easier! There is much more disciplining going on around here. I am told it comes in waves so hopefully we will have an easier week this week, but I am bracing myself for this new age! With all the fun it brings, I can tell it is going to bring lots of challenges! Hopefully I am ready!!

2 comments:

  1. So glad she is settling into it so well! And I love the headboard and bedskirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love Carrie's bed!!! and I am so glad it is going more smoothly than you thought:) But girl...hold on....2 has NOTHIN' on 3!!!!!!!!!! Though maybe that is not true with girls. Maybe 2 is worse. Oh well, cannot wait to hear more about it!

    ReplyDelete