Thursday, September 8, 2011

Big Girl Bed

Not gonna lie, after the few rough nights of sleep recently, I have been so nervous about the transition to a big bed. We have built it up in a major way and she has actually acted really excited about it. I said all along if she wanted to keep her crib, I would let her, but she said she wanted a big bed. She also looked at her crib and said "Bye, crib!" I still thought when reality set in, she would have a hard time when the crib went out of her room because she has always loved it. So I woke up with anxiety and adrenaline this morning because I knew it was the big day. The first people showed up to take the crib down and put it in Hayes' room at 8am. They were then going to move the frame and mattress to Carrie's room. So she saw them taking the crib down and I got nervous. But again she said "Bye, crib!" That made me feel a little better. Then she was off to Mother's Day Out. Today was her first day back at Immanuel and Monday is her first day at St. George's. She will do kindergarten at St. George's so I am glad she is starting in their Mother's Day out so she gets used to it, but that starts Monday. She was thrilled to go back to Immanuel so that was a good start to the day. Since it was only a half day, I picked her up and took her to Cy-Cy and BA's house for nap since she did not have a crib and her bed was getting set up at 2. Well she was so psyched about her day at school and being at Cy-Cy and BA's house that she did not nap a bit! She did rest in her crib and talk and sing for an hour and a half, but no nap. I was hoping this would get her good and tired for her bed. So they came and installed it and we got it all set up (as best we could with bed rails...) and this is what she saw...
She was so excited and we played all over it all afternoon. We talked a lot about it and pumped it up, but I knew the real test would be bed time. She had quickly discovered she could get in and out on her own which worried me. Well I put her down in the normal routine tonight and when I left, she did cry, but only for a minute or 2. Then she laid down and fell asleep! Victory? Not so fast. Not with a little lady who loves things to be the same, loves her securities and has trouble with change. So 30 minutes in, she woke up crying and hopped down from the bed. I went in, put her back in, told her I would see her in the morning and left. Well she of course cried when I left again, but now she is quiet. She just laid back down after sitting up for 15 minutes and I think she fell back asleep. So we will just see how it goes! I think she wakes up and is alarmed by where she is and just has to calm back down. I hope because she has been so excited about it she will make it work, but I know it will just take her some adjusting. I will update more as we go through it. I know naps will be a real challenge, but I am glad we have some time to work on it before baby arrives!

No comments:

Post a Comment