Saturday, September 10, 2011

Day Out with Thomas!

Today we had tickets to Day Out with Thomas at the Railroad Museum. Carrie loves Thomas and trains so we knew we couldn't miss it. It is one of those events that you are excited about just to see your kids excited, but as adults, you know it will be nonstop chaos! But really they did a good job on the event. They want you there an hour before you 'depart' because they have fun activities to do around there such as a little open air train ride, a temporary tattoo booth, a play train area, a petting zoo, someone who sings kid songs, bounce houses etc. So when we go there we jumped on the little train ride while the line was still short! Carrie and I rode and she liked looking around at all the Thomas stuff.

She wanted to go see the posters and immediately told us who everyone is.
Somehow we got a smile...
One of her favorite parts was the petting zoo (which is good since that is what her birthday party will be). Here she is waving to the sheep...
And petting the goat...

And looking at the donkey...

And the bunny rabbit.
After the zoo we found Maddie and Emalyn and they went and watched the lady sing and dance. Carrie liked her, too.
And we got to watch Thomas pull into the station!!!

We were trying to get a picture with Thomas so we asked Maddie to get Carrie to smile and she made a funny face and Carrie just made it right back to her. It was too funny.
Then we got one...except my glasses are messed up. Oh well.
We also got a picture with Sir Tophamhatt (I have no clue how to spell that)
Maddie and Carrie got Percy tattoos! Emalyn did not want one, but these girls were pretty proud!
When we got to board the train, Carrie was so excited!
Everyone got a seat!
And as dull as the ride truly was, she loved looking out the window the whole time. I think by the end she was finally ready to get off, but I was amazed she was as interested as she was!
Her and Maddie had their faces against the window almost the whole ride.
By the end, Carrie was starting to lose her personality, but she had so much fun and I thought it was a fun event. I am glad we went and she has been telling us all about her day there. I think she really enjoyed it!! I do not think Graham could have ever imagined spending a football Saturday at Day Out with Thomas, but here's to many more days like it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment