Monday, September 12, 2011

First Day of NEW School!

Because of the Labor Day holiday, today was Carrie's first day at St. George's! She has been going to Mother's Day Out over a year now, but this was her first day here and she will be here until she starts elementary school! She was so excited about it and I knew she was going to love it just like she loves Immanuel. So we had to get some first day pictures of course :)

Ready with her bag and lunch box.
Walking into school with Daddy. He missed the classroom visits so got to come see it all today!
The funniest part about going in this morning is when we were taking the pictures, she saw her wubby (her animal paci thing) and her tatty (her lovie...one of those tag blankets) in her bag. She said "I want wubby and tatty!!" (She is only allowed to have them at sleep times). We told her they were going with her to school to nap on her mat with her and wasn't that so fun that they got to go to school too? So she looked up at us and said "I so tired...I need to take a nap." Hahah...already manipulating us to get what she wants. We told her that they would play first and then eat and after lunch she could have them with her nap. So when we were walking down the hall to her class, we said "are you excited!?" and she said "I'm so excited to nap!" Ha! Ironically, when I picked her up they said she had a great day, but did not nap long. After all the nap hype, she apparently rolled off her mat which woke her up and that was that! But her teachers said she was good and happy and shared well! And she said she had a fun day...she said she painted, played in the sandbox, shared the cars, and fed the fish. This girl loves school!!

1 comment:

  1. So sweet!!! Love those pics and that girl is too cute and funny!

    ReplyDelete