Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Long Weekend with Papa!

Ok I am so bad about my camera these days!! But last week, Graham had to be out of town for almost 5 days straight, partly for work and then partly for a Bachelor party in Vegas. So Wednesday-Sunday, it was going to be me (36 weeks pregnant) and Carrie (my parents are still in Little Rock). So Graham's Dad (Papa) was nice enough to come in town to help me out! It was such a relief! I can definitely handle a couple days on my own, but more than that, I just get flat worn out these days. I can hardly bend over the bath to bathe Carrie and that is just one thing that has proven more difficult as I have gotten bigger. So having some extra hands around really eased the load! Papa got in Wednesday afternoon and Carrie began a few days of sheer spoiledness :). A few highlights for her: He took her to the toy store and she got a Hello Kitty stuffed animal and a new Maisy book. We have read the book over 100 times now (not kidding) and her and kitty have been attached at the hip. Not to mention that the toy store is just a favorite place of hers! He also took her on a date to Whole Foods to get a smoothie and then over to Cheekwood to see the trains. Another of her favorite activities! But they spent a lot of time playing outside, coloring, reading and all the things Carrie likes to do. And I was so surprised when she asked for Papa to put her to bed 3 nights in a row! She usually won't even let Graham do it! (However, after missing him for 5 days, Graham has put her to bed the past 2 nights he has been home. I think we may be over the hurdle of Mama doing bed time every night. I do love doing it, but with the new baby coming, I knew I needed her to let other people do it. Ok, I'm rambling.) Another highlight of the weekend with Papa was that she got her big birthday present from him...a playhouse for her playroom!!
It is a hit! She has already "moved in" meaning we have a pillow in there, some animals and a babydoll as you can see...(sorry...pics from my phone not such good quality!) It is her little clubhouse and sometimes I am invited in and other times I am not. I think this will be something the girls will love for years. So we had a great weekend with Papa (even though he and I were house divided when Vandy played South Carolina). Thanks for all the help, Papa! And Dada, we are glad to have you home!

Many more posts to come as birthday week continues. Carrie talks about her birthday, her party, her cake, presents and the animals coming to her house for her party non stop right now. I am so glad she is excited about it as it will be her last big thing all about her for a while. But trust me, right now, it is all about her haha. And she is soaking it all in!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry...usually not able to post comments on my iPad! Anyway, I really think our children could be twins...they are SO alike. If I'm in the house then I'm the only one he will let put him down. She will love her birthday! It's so fun that they get it this year. Everytime we drive by the park where we had his, he says "there's the park....there's my party!". Ha :-)

    ReplyDelete