Monday, September 19, 2011

Kids Say the Darndest Things

Such an unoriginal title. Almost can't handle it. But it is true! So I want to record some of the funny things Carrie has said. I am going to add several to this before I actually post this so it will be an accumulation of funny things over an extended period of time.

1) Carrie sleeps with a Wubbanub at night (a paci with an animal attached to it). She calls it "Wubby." She loves Wubby and he is special because she can only have Wubby at sleep times. So Graham and I were in Target the other day buying a baby gift and we went to the pacifier aisle to get a couple to add to a baby gift. When we walked onto the paci aisle, Carrie's eyes lit up and she said "WOW! Mama, Dada, Look at ALL these Wubbies!!!" It was hilarious because it was like she was in her own little Heaven...she had arrived! Luckily, she did not fuss at all about getting one!

2) I took Carrie with my to my doctor's appointment the other day. I usually do not take her, but I had her with me that morning for her classroom visit and knew that my doc appt would be really quick. So when we got back to the room, the nurse had me just lay back on the table so she could measure me and check the heartbeat. When I sat back up, Carrie said "Good Job, Mama. Good job changing diaper!" The nurse and I both just started laughing. I did not see that coming...I thought I was just getting a good job!!

3) There is something Carrie does that makes Graham and I laugh every time. She will see something, say a Fire Truck and will say "Oh, look! A fire truck!" and we will say "you're right, Carrie!" Then you will hear her say "Not an ambulance." Or she will say "My dress is pink!" and we will say "It is!" and she will say "Not yellow!" It is like she is working it all out out loud and it makes us laugh so hard.

4) You can always hear yourself through phrases they begin to use. So my mom and I took Carrie to get ice cream the other day and we pulled in and parked. My mom was on the phone so we waited a minute to get out, but Carrie was too excited to wait! She kept saying "Ice cream! Ice Cream!" Then she said "I want some ice cream, I mean it!" Obviously I say "I mean it" to her a lot.

5) Along the lines of mimicking us, she compliments Graham and I just like we do her. So if we color a picture with her, she will say "that's bootiful, mama!" It is so sweet.

6) She is obsessed with her CDs from music class or any other kid's CD so that is what we listen to ALL the time. It is hard to handle, but I guess you get used to it. So when Carrie is not in the car, I always love to turn on normal music. So the next time we get in the car and my music is still on, she IMMEDIATELY says "No, not my songs." Which basically means turn on my songs. Graham and I always laugh because hardly 1 second goes by before she says it.

7) She has started imitating Graham leaving for work a lot. So she will get a "bag" (can be anything, but she says she has her bag) and will leave the room and say "Have a good day, Mama!" and then walk out and then she will come back in and say "You have a good day, Mama?" and I say "I did" and then I ask her if she did and she says "Yeah!" We do this several times in a row.

8) I must say she is precious all the time and also say it to other people about their children because when she hugs me, she will say "I love you, mama, you are precious." or she will look at one of her animals or dolls and say "You are so precious (insert name here)." It is the sweetest thing.

Ok so I know there are a million more so I may just have to post them as she says them because I feel like I am forgetting so many in between recording them. But I have already had this post in the works for a few weeks so I will post now and then try to record more as she says them. I do not want to forget these things!

1 comment: