Sunday, October 2, 2011

Barnyard Bash

So this post will be picture overload for sure. But yesterday was Carrie's 2nd birthday party and I have been planning it in my head for a long time and actually planning it for a few months. I wanted to do something really fun and special since it would be the last time it was all about her. I also love planning parties so I had a good time doing it. I also had my friend Lauren Hallemann doing the invites and decorations and she did SUCH a good job which helped a ton!!! Here is the cute invite she designed...(sorry, I rotated the 2nd photo in I Photo, but it was the wrong way on the blog and I can't flip it for some reason)

So obviously there was a farm animal theme because we had a petting zoo come! Carrie loves animals and petting zoos so I thought it would be fun and entertaining for all ages. There is a wide spread of ages in our friend's kids so this worked for all of them. Carrie has been talking about her party and looking forward to it for a very long time so we made her wait until it was all set up before she got to see it all set and ready! Here she is coming out to see it (carrying her new Caillou doll Uncle E gave her)...
All the set up...

Animal masks for the little ones...

The animals were so cute and sweet. We loved them!
Kid's table.




Favors.
Carrie loved the animals.

In full swing.

Playing with Scott.
And Maddie and Emalyn.
Group Hug.

Dada showing her the bunnies.

And then we did cake!
Blowing out her 3rd set of candles!

 Friends getting ready for cake!

Farm animal cake.
Digging in...

Sweet Mills.
Libby, baby Margot and me.
Could not get a good family pic...pretty typical!
Laura, baby Reid and me.
Animal fun continues
And the swingset was a hit as well. Carrie playing in her playhouse.
She enjoyed watching all the animals climb into the trailer, but was sad to see them go and her party end. But she was ready to open presents! She had plenty of energy left for that!


And after we had gotten out all our new toys, she put on her new nightgown and high heels from Maddie and Emalyn and kicked back to relax :)
The party was so much fun and I loved watching her have a blast with her friends and the animals and chowing on her cake. It was what I had hoped for for her! It was such a help to have Lauren do all the cute decorations and to have Mimi here to help set up and get the food ready and Uncle E to help entertain Carrie while we got ready. It made the weekend so much easier, but I am still totally exhausted and ready for a good night's sleep and hopefully a low key week! This little princess' head needs to shrink down a few sizes because she definitely thinks the world centers around her right now and she is in for a big change soon!

1 comment:

  1. I cannot believe you already got this post up!!! I still havn't even done Drake's yet!!!! I am so jealous! I am also so sad I could not be there and was sad when I found out the boys were not there:( But it looked absolutely adorable and you did such a great job!!!
    What a precious and lucky girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete