Well after a couple days at Baptist, we are finally now home! I am not going to lie, the time there was relaxing...lots of time in bed and really good service and nurses, but it was time to come home and it is so nice to finally be our family of 4. We missed our little Carebear a ton so were definitely ready to get home and see her and were ready for her to really understand that she is a big sister now! She loves baby Hayes so far and wants to be a good big sister and a helper which is really cute and sweet. Here are some pictures from the past 24 hours...
Hayes and me enjoying some down time.
Family of 4!
Big sis in bed with mama and Hayes. She was so funny at the hospital yesterday. She spotted some cupcakes our friends the Mulloys had brought almost immediately. She was SO excited to get a pink one and she kept trying to ask me in the politest way possible for one so her voice would get really high and she would tilt her head to the side and say "mommy, can I have pink cupcake, please?!" Of course she got one! She even remembered tonight and said "I had pink cupcake in hospital yesterday." We were amazed at that recollection! She was interested in Hayes some, but again liked all the "neat" hospital stuff like the buttons on my bed. She called the nurses station a few times which I don't think they appreciated so I had to make the buttons off limits.
I had to get a pic of Hayes in her crib with her stats...they are kind of blurry, but good enough.
And then we got her all ready to go home in the beautiful gown her Mimi made her!
She liked eating the lace on the sleeves.
Proud daddy.
And mommy.
We were in the Titans suite and since there is no longer a Young on the Titans team, we assumed it had to be meant for us now. :)
Finally home!
Carrie loves having her home so far. She was thrilled when Hayes got in her big girl bed. She was all up in her face. Hayes will certainly get exposed to many more germs than Carrie did! But it was so sweet and I loved seeing Carrie's sweet little heart showing so much.
"Tickle, tickle Hayes!"
Snuggling. She wanted Hayes to want her paci so much, but Hayes was conked out so she wouldn't open her mouth.
Sweet girls. :)
I need to put up some sweet videos of them soon. Carrie has already "read" to Hayes, showed her some of her toys, pushed her in the swing (yikes...we are making progress in the not pushing too high area) and she loves talking to her! Whenever Hayes makes a peep, Carrie gets SO excited. She will ask her all kinds of questions and always wants Hayes to eat snacks with her. I am trying to explain that Hayes is too little for food, but that will just take time for her to understand. So today was a really good and special day...one we will never forget. I cannot wait to see these sisters grow up together. I know there will be good times and bad times, but I know they will love each other so much and I am so glad they have each other now. Ok off to begin a run of exhausting nights :).
10 years ago



Congratulations! You have got a beautiful family!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!! What a beautiful family of four :) Enjoy this precious time and I hope you can get some rest!
ReplyDeleteThose pictures of the 2 girls on the bed is just precious!!!!
ReplyDeleteSweet family!
So cute! Can't believe Carrie's a big sister...she seems like she is doing really well
ReplyDelete