Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Hayes Neel Young

Well she is here! I went to the doctor yesterday morning and my blood pressure had gone up again so he decided there was no reason to keep me pregnant. I am really thankful because last time I struggled with high blood pressure long after I delivered and I felt awful which is hard with a newborn! This time I feel SO much better and my blood pressure never got too scary high. So we checked in last night and I was induced around 6 am and she was born at 11:56! Obviously, it went really fast which was great! They could not believe how quickly she arrived. And she was bigger than I expected! Carrie was 12 days early and 7 lbs 2 oz and Hayes was 12 days early, too and was 7 lbs 13 oz! She is chunky, but she was short...19 inches so when doctor guessed 8 or 8 1/2 lbs and she was not quite that big, it is because she is "short and stout" haha. I love her birthday bc not only was it 12 days before her due date just like Carrie, but October 11 was Carrie's due date and 11 is my favorite number! So 10-11-11 is what I was shooting for oddly enough :). We are so thankful for all the thoughts and prayers...she is healthy and whole and just precious and we are so in love with her. I never believed I could love a child as much as I love Carrie, but I truly do love them equally which is so amazing. There is something so wonderful about this sweet little one and I think I can even appreciate this time more with Hayes because I am not so worried and am not in a hurry to hit each milestone. So right now, she is getting a bath and I am squeezing this post in before dinner. I promised myself I would blog about Hayes as much as I have Carrie (or at least close!) so here it begins!

Here she is being weighed...
Missing 1! But can you tell I am tired??

Always get the paci going right away because I love when they can soothe themselves. She loved it right from the start! (She was also really good at nursing...yay!)
Got to meet her great grandmother!

Then Cy-Cy brought Carrie down to meet her sister. She liked her, but when she saw the Dora backpack "Hayes got for her" she was most excited about that. In fact, she has not stopped wearing it since. It was a good start to their relationship :). She wanted to hold her and then she wanted her to sit back in her crib haha.
When Hayes started making noise (aka talking) Carrie got really excited. I asked what she was saying and Carrie said "She said HIII Carrie!" She liked that.
Still talking.
And she was getting antsy so the nurse gave her a popsicle which she loved!!!
Cutie.
Today she met not only her immediate family, but also BA and Cy-Cy and Big and has some more visitors on the way like Uncle Jay and Aunt Tayler and Minje and Michael. I need to get better about getting more pics, but we have some cute videos that I hope to post soon!

The Lord has blessed us yet again and we are so thankful. And thankful to all of you for thoughts and prayers! More to come soon!

7 comments:

  1. I love all of it! Hayes is adorable and actually really resembles Carrie in that last picture. So happy everyone is healthy and happy!! Can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is just beautiful neel! So happy for yall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is just perfect! Cannot wait to get to Nashville to meet her :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so impressed you already have a blog post up!! Congratulations on Hayes! She is beautiful. Carrie will be a great big sister!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Can't wait to meet Hayes!!! So glad to hear you all are going great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome sweet baby girl!! I was SO super excited to check your blog and MEET HAYES!!!! I cannot wait to meet her. CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    XOXO Polly

    ReplyDelete