Monday, June 27, 2011

Father/Daughter/Uncle Weekend

For my birthday present this year, Graham agreed to keep Carrie for the weekend while I went on a short girl's weekend with 2 dear friends. I knew Graham could handle it, but was so glad Uncle E offered to come stay as well because I know Carrie is such a handful these days! Of course when she woke up Friday morning, she had a fever :(. I didn't know if I should stay or go, but sweet Graham told me he had it under control and to go on. She seems to be working on a 2 year molar unfortunately so I think that may have been it because it was gone by the afternoon (and she was holding her mouth all morning) so luckily, she was back to her happy self by Saturday morning! Graham knew I was going to miss her tons so he was really good about sending me videos and pictures and keeping me in the loop about what they were up to. (I didn't want all the details...like what she ate and how much she slept because this weekend was a break!) So I thought I would share a few of the pictures/videos and weekend events...

This is her singing "Ba Ba Black Sheep" in the bath tub. I asked Graham if he taught her this song and he said no, so I am guessing she just learned it off one of her CDs we listen to in the car. The information they can retain at this age never seizes to amaze me! (It is hard to understand at first because it starts in the middle and she is trying to say "one for my master and one for the dame and one for the little boy who lives down the lane" and it gets clear from there)
She is really into singing songs these days it is really cute and cracks me up. (Other favorites: ABCs, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and Happy Birthday...oh and any Wiggles song or the Caillou song of course!)

Speaking of Caillou, Graham sent me this next pic by email and it was titled "Who Likes Caillou more?" Haha too funny.
Graham said Carrie got to do a lot of what she wanted to do when she was with him and E so I believe they may have watched more TV than I normally permit :), but I do not care 1 bit! Whatever got them through the weekend!!

At Cheekwood, they have a really neat train exhibit right now that I have been dying to get Carrie over to see. Since I haven't, the men took her this weekend and said she loved it! We have a membership now so I hope to take her back more often! Here she is watching...
And watching Percy and Thomas approach! Too cool!
They also went to the pool, went out to lunch, and played outside and at the park a lot! I am glad she was so good for them!

I had such a nice weekend relaxing and my body feels much more rested! It was just what I needed so thanks to Graham and E for giving me a little break!

No comments:

Post a Comment