Monday, June 13, 2011

What's New

So not a lot new going on around here, but did want to update with some pics so I don't get too behind. As has always been true, Carrie adores her doggies. They like a few things about her...going in her room to get her up in the morning or after nap. If they don't come in with me, she calls them and says "Shammi, Come'ere, Tee-Tee, Come'ere!!!" and they come in and it makes her so happy. They also love meal times with Carrie around. If she doesn't accidentally drop food, she just flat out hands it to them. They are not complaining and always sit right under her feet! Shammi is much more open to letting Carrie be all up on her...Tilly (or tee-tee to Carrie) always politely stands up and walks away. As long as Carrie doesn't step on any of Shammi's vital organs, she is pretty tolerant and it is really sweet...
Sharing her milk with Shammi. Carrie even likes to make the noise pretending Shammi is drinking it. Shammi wishes she could!
Such sweet hugs.
This weekend was Swan Ball. Graham and I co-chaired the Dance Committee this year so we had a lot of commitments last week which meant lots of time with a sitter for Carrie. She really did great which made everything a lot easier. Here are Graham and I before hand. Gotta love being pregnant at events like this...just 9 hours on my feet...no biggie :/
After going to bed at 2 am Saturday night, Carrie was ready to party by 6:45 Sunday. Graham and I wanted to sit on the couch. So we let Carrie be her goofy self and just perform for us until we could muster up any energy!


After naps for Carrie and me, we all went to the pool and upon our return, Carrie got to do her favorite thing in the world while I made dinner...play in the "beep-beep". She would do this all the time if we would let her. But since it has been a scalding million degrees every day, it is not always the best idea.
Let's go!
Pushing all the buttons. Emergency lights are flashing, windshield wipers going...it is always very exciting.
Showing dad how everything works.
So it has been lively and fun around here as usual. However, Carrie has officially left sweet-baby girl-dom and entered sassy, bossy toddler-dom. I always say every phase is more fun, but also more challenging and let me tell you, Carrie is tons of fun, but she is a challenge! I hear the word "no" more than I would like to. I often have to stop in the middle of whatever we are doing to remind her not to grab things out of my hand, and to share, and not to swat her hands when she is mad, and all kinds of things like that. Prayers for extra doses of patience have been going up to the Big Man in the sky a lot lately. This little girl has officially elected herself Queen of the house and I am doing my best to show her that she is in fact, not the head of the house around here. Poor baby Hayes is going to be bossed around quite a bit I am sure! Guess this is just part of it so we are hanging in there...luckily the good outweighs the bad by a mile and at the end of every day, Graham and I find ourselves talking about how sweet and wonderful she is even after the longest of days!

And back to the fun stuff with Carrie, she is currently obsessed with singing "Can't Touch This" while we dance and run around the room. I think I may have sang it one time when she was chasing me and she thought it was so funny she can't let it go. Something else funny is that I have apparently told her a time or two that she is sassy so every now and then she will say "Uh-Oh, I sassy!" and start laughing. It is really pretty funny and we often agree with her! And on a sweet note, when she sits on my lap facing me, she now points to baby Hayes, gives her a kiss and says "Love you baby Hayes!" I have a feeling when she sees how much of my attention baby Hayes requires, she won't see her in as fond of a light haha. But it is really sweet right now. She also will look at Graham or I at some point during the day and say "Mama (or Dada), I want to hug you." So I know that sweet girl is still in there. So all these cute, funny things make up for the meltdowns and the like by a long shot and get us so excited about adding another baby girl to our family :).

1 comment:

  1. Such a cute post! Can't touch this is my favorite :) Now where is that bump picture?!?!?

    ReplyDelete