Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day Weekend

Graham's favorite Father's Day activity is the Member Guest tournament at Belle Meade. Last year he played with Matt Hancock so we were so excited when Matt said he would come in from NYC to play again this year! AND that meant Lauren was coming in town too! So we are hoping to keep this tradition going because any excuse to all get together we will jump on. And even better, Graham's dad ("Papa") and his girlfriend ("Steppie") came in town to help me with Carrie and babysit her during our night activities. So Graham was really able to enjoy a guy's weekend without feeling like he was leaving his pregnant wife hanging since I had help all weekend! It really worked out perfectly. I was so happy for Graham to have something to do for Father's Day that he was really excited about and really enjoys. I know they had a great time golfing and hanging out at the club with friends all weekend. BUT the highlight of it all for them is that they won their flight!! They were in last place in their flight on Friday, but were not far behind so they went into Saturday determined and it paid off! They played great and got the win. Lauren and I were so excited for them. Friday night after they played we had a cocktail party at the pool and from there, the 4 of us went and met my parents and Lauren's parents for dinner on the patio. It was such a fun, beautiful night. Saturday night we had the reception and it was a good time. Lots of fun with friends, good food and a good band. The men really celebrated :).

During the days while Dada was golfing, Papa and Steppie gave Carrie the royal treatment! She wants to be outside ALL the time and since I get really hot really fast, we usually go in and out throughout the day, but they took her outside whenever she wanted. They took wagon rides around the block which is her favorite thing. One time there was a big tree trimming truck on the block and Papa talked to the guy working and he let Carrie get in truck! That had to be the highlight of her weekend. They also blew bubbles and played on the swingset. She is going to be sad when it is back to reality tomorrow! We had some storms come through so they also took her to do a few inside activities like going to the mall, walking around Whole Foods (which meant she got her favorite treat...a smoothie!), a fun morning at the toy store and some good lunches out. It was so nice for me to be able to kick my feet up a little and also to have help chasing her around the toy store or keeping her occupied at lunch! It was also nice to have built in babysitting for a couple nights!

Here is Papa pushing her around at Whole Foods. I wish I had gotten this pic when she first got in the cart because she had the BIGGEST grin on her face. I never get these carts because they are SO big and hard to navigate so it was a huge treat for her to get to ride in one.
Steppie is a good bubble blower. She gets really big bubbles and Carrie was very impressed.
Sunday on Father's Day, my parents and the 5 of us all went to brunch at Loveless. My favorite! Loveless is always a treat and I was excited to take Carrie and to get all the dads together to celebrate.

Here are Carrie and Dada walking towards the Cafe.
And here she is coloring at the table.
Showing BA her hands that we had just traced. She was pretty pleased.
I got her bacon and pancakes. She had never gotten into bacon, but she went straight for it and said "hot dog!!!" I said "sort of." But she ate both pieces right away.
Group pic.
She loved her pancakes. She carried one around even after we were all done because she couldn't part with them.

Trying to get a good pic of her with BA. Hard to do.

And tried again with Dada, but she kept eating her pancake...
Finally got a cute shot of her with the dads.
Loves this game...

Then we said bye to Cy-Cy BA and headed home for a much needed nap...and not just a nap for Carrie but for all of us as well! It was a busy, fun weekend!!! Tonight will be low key cooking at home after take Papa and Steppie to the airport. We are looking forward to laying low and going to bed early :)

Happy Father's Day to my sweet husband. He is an amazing dad and I cannot even explain how much Carrie just lights up around him. She looks up to him and admires him so much and they have the neatest, most special relationship. Graham actually was rooting for another girl because of how much fun he has had with Carrie. Graham, we love you so much and are so proud of you. Thanks for always putting your family first and being an amazing dad. We are very blessed to have you.

And Happy Father's Day to Papa! Thanks for coming in town to be with us this weekend. Carrie always loves having you around. She knows you will really spoil her and she loves that :). Thanks for always being there when we need you and for raising such a wonderful man! You obviously set a really good example for him and I am thankful.

And Happy Father's Day to my amazing Dad! Most of you know, but my dad is in the midst of Cancer treatment in Little Rock, Arkansas right now. He is in remission, thanks be to God, but is only halfway through his treatment. He has a few more months to go, but let me just say, he has been the same brave, gracious, strong man I have always known as he has gone through this rough year. He is such an inspiration to me and countless others and I am SO proud to call him my dad. They have been home on a break for 5 weeks and left today to head back down for another Stem Cell Transplant so we hated saying goodbye, but are ready to keep moving so we can have them back for good soon!!! And we had so much fun having them back for 5 weeks. Carrie is obsessed with my dad...I cannot even explain it, but it is so funny and cute and when he is around, she likes to have ALL his attention. We love you dad! We will miss you, but can't wait to get you home for good soon! Thanks for everything! You are a blessing in our lives.

Happy Father's Day to all the other amazing dads we know out there!!!

2 comments:

  1. She is so pretty! I wish AM would eat like that! It is quite the challenge to get anything at all in her! You look great by the way. And I didn't know about your dad, but I'm glad to hear that it sounds like he is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday (Yesterday)! I love you!
    -ME

    ReplyDelete