Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Light Summer Supper...

Sunday night when I got home from the mountains, I was still in the mood for a light summer meal enjoying outside. So I remembered this recipe I had cut out from Southern Living that was supposed to be an appetizer for a summer supper. It is a chicken-tortellini salad and since we do not usually eat chicken and pasta in appetizers, I decided to make it for our meal. It was so good. Southern Living just never disappoints. I highly recommend this recipe and I promise it is a very easy one!

Chicken and Tortellini Salad


2 9oz packages refrigerated cheese tortellini
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup grated parmesan
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2 garlic cloves
1 t worcestshire
2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion
1/2 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
salt and pepper to taste


Prepare tortellini according to package directions.


Process olive oil and next 4 ingredients in blender/food processor until smooth. Toss olive oil mixture with tortellini, chicken, and next 3 ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste.


We ate it hot right it when it was done, but we both were excited to have it for lunch again the next day and Graham opted to have his cold. He said it was great that way too! Nice to mix it up a little bit.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment