Friday, June 3, 2011

Videos

Graham and I have been saying how bad we are about video taping these days. These are such funny, priceless times that we have been trying to be better. It is hard because she usually doesn't want to perform for the camera. So today I just tried to tape her without drawing attention to the camera.

As I have said, Carrie is turning into something of tomboy when it comes to toy choices. We have a lot of trucks/firetrucks, trains, cars etc these days. So while she was playing with her trains today, she turned on the musical caboose which plays a little tune and she was trying to "doo doo dooooo" along with the tune. It was pretty cute. She is just now trying to sing songs and it cracks us up...she will try "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and the ABCs but usually on her own terms...if I ask her to sing one, she will say "No"...her favorite word. But at least I could get her humming along on tape...
I have been saying for 3 months now that I need to get a video of her pointing out and saying all the letters in the alphabet. She has known them all for a long time now but it's hard to get her on tape saying ALL of them. So when I tried today, she said "No" (shocker), but she did show me a fire truck and do a little counting. She usually says 1,2,3,4,6,5. Drives me nuts that those last 2 are mixed up so luckily here she only counts to 4!
Ok going to try to continue getting her on video. She is just talking and singing so much I do not want to forget it! In fact, right before I put her down for nap today, I saw her trying to climb into her booster seat at the table and then I heard "Oh no. I'm stuck! Help!" haha it amazes me how much she picks up on. Also today as we were leaving Conductor Jack at Whole Foods with play group, I said "Bye Yall, have a good weekend" and then to someone else said "Bye yall, had fun!" and the rest of the time we were shopping through Whole Foods, she was saying "Bye yall, have good weekend, Bye yall, twas fun!" She may have repeated that 5 times. Can't say anything anymore that I don't want her to repeat!!

Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment